You can type here any text you want

DFI Repair

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bruce

Rest In Peace
Does anyone have a phone number for where one can get a DFI Gen VI repaired.

The Accel numbers are just machines, and so far no one's called back, and the phone number on the ecm is no longer good on the ones I have.

Did you try Accel tech line? 248-380-2780
I left a mess, and no one called back either, so I just called until I got someone on the phone. What's wrong with yours? I'm having a no spark problem. Are these worth fixing? I got the pin locater from Accel and MSD, and rewired it twice.I got so frustrated, the whole wireharness and ECU is in a box, and I ordered a FAST.

Originally posted by Hawaiian Turbo
Did you try Accel tech line? 248-380-2780
I left a mess, and no one called back either, so I just called until I got someone on the phone. What's wrong with yours? I'm having a no spark problem. Are these worth fixing? I got the pin locater from Accel and MSD, and rewired it twice.I got so frustrated, the whole wireharness and ECU is in a box, and I ordered a FAST.

Mine has a dead IAC circuit.
Depending on the cost of repair they might be.

I'd be interested in yours, for the right price, I might be able to salvage parts out of it.

email me if you might want to part with what you have.

I'll let you know Bruce. I bought this as a package deal, and I'm waiting on word from the seller what he wants to do.

Good luck with yours.

The phone guys get weekends off.
(248) 380-1512, 8:30 - 5:00 EST for electronic repairs -- x 13 if you are asked for an extension.
Don't be shocked if you are quoted a big number for repairs, the prices for Gen 6 stuff went up on the first of the year.

Originally posted by aDFIguy
The phone guys get weekends off.
(248) 380-1512, 8:30 - 5:00 EST for electronic repairs -- x 13 if you are asked for an extension.
Don't be shocked if you are quoted a big number for repairs, the prices for Gen 6 stuff went up on the first of the year.

Finally got thru to them, yada, yada.

$150 is basically a flat fee, for *going thru* the Gen VI and fixing them. Plus shipping.
It can go over the 150 but that's rare.

Bruce, Id sell that Gen 6 DFI. I had a sequential unit that I sent way to get repaired. They couldnt do it saying the parts were outdated and said I was basically Ish outta luck. Do yourself a favor and ditch it, its way too old. Get yourself a Tplus.

Scott

Originally posted by Scott4DMny
Bruce, Id sell that Gen 6 DFI. I had a sequential unit that I sent way to get repaired. They couldnt do it saying the parts were outdated and said I was basically Ish outta luck. Do yourself a favor and ditch it, its way too old. Get yourself a Tplus.

Arrgh, that's not good news.
I've made a commitment to use one, and it's something I just have to try. Unless they don't have the parts.

I have several ecms I can use, and I just *want* to try this.

Thanks thou.

Back