You can type here any text you want

Dfi Tunning With Digital Dash Gn4

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

marred4life

Banned
just got a gn 4 part#74044 and im having trouble getting my car to run with this system, i have a 86 gn with factory digital dash so i dont have a map sensor, i tried using a 3 bar map but car ran fat at idle but ran better at idle with it disconnected, will a 2 bar map help this problem, the car is going fat at 2000 rpms with it disconnected, also do i need a wideband 02 sensor im currently running a leaded 02 sensor, i bought this kit used from a fellow board member so i dont have the instructions, the kit was working fine on the other car, we have the same set up. thanks in advance:)

heres a couple pictures of the system

Attachments

• Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Picture 066.jpg
    Picture 066.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 188
just got a gn 4 part#74044 and im having trouble getting my car to run with this system, i have a 86 gn with factory digital dash so i dont have a map sensor, i tried using a 3 bar map but car ran fat at idle but ran better at idle with it disconnected, will a 2 bar map help this problem, the car is going fat at 2000 rpms with it disconnected, also do i need a wideband 02 sensor im currently running a leaded 02 sensor, i bought this kit used from a fellow board member so i dont have the instructions, the kit was working fine on the other car, we have the same set up. thanks in advance:)

You need to wire in a MAP sensor. Use a 3 bar if you are running much over 15 psi. Use a 2 bar if around 15psi or less. To wire it in, go to the clear dash connector (C437) behind the glove box (usually wrapped in foam).
Jumper pin A (Lt Green) to ecm pin B6 (Signal)
Jumper pin B (Gray) to ecm pin C14 (5 volt Ref)
Jumper pin G (Black w/white) to ecm pin D1 (Ground)

Press S on the keyboard and make sure its configured for a 3 bar map also. You can use the factory o2 sensor, but it would be better to have a lc-1 or lm-1 connected to the dfi so you can tune to real a/f numbers. Hot idle in gear you should be looking about 13.5-9 a/f for smooth idle. WOT i suggest around 12.0 up to about 13 psi and 11.5 up to 20, and 11.0 at 25 psi+ to be safe. Your idle cells should be about 20-25 on the map,

thanks im going to best buy right now to buy a adapter for my labtop, i need the serial adapter to usb cable

thanks im going to best buy right now to buy a adapter for my labtop, i need the serial adapter to usb cable

Don't do it. The DOS version of CalMap will not work with a USB adapter.

You need an older laptop with a 9-pin serial port.

Don't do it. The DOS version of CalMap will not work with a USB adapter.

You need an older laptop with a 9-pin serial port.
DAMN, to late i just came back and i tried to open the calmap and it woudnt open, my computer has a built in 15 pin serial port but its the female side,is there any other adapter that will go from a 9 pin to a 15 pin, here is a picture of my computer and the serial port..

Attachments

• Picture 072.jpg
    Picture 072.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 179
That's not a serial port. That's for hooking to an external monitor.

Sorry, but your laptop will not run the DOS version of CalMap. :(

damn, that really sucks, now ill have to find a local tuner to tune my car:mad:
does anyone have the part number for a wideband 02 sensor, or what ever i need so i can atleast get it ready fo the tunner, ill be getting it ready tomorrow adding the extra connections that i need. thanks for all the help:)

I think your talking about a lm-1 wideband meter, Which is a unversal handheld unit. Your best to check out the site and see what you want to purchase. I highly recommend you talk to Eric from B@E customs as he will get you a good deal.

You can hook the wideband to the dfi in narrowband mode, which it will correct to the a/f ratio that you have you wideband to simualte. But it has limitations.

Back