You can type here any text you want

Dfi Yes/no

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mojilla

I was wondering if it would be worth it to buy an accel Dfi system for my car. It is mostly stock, but I will be doing mods to the car in the future. The reason I ask is because I can get a fairly good price on a used unit.
THANKS
Joe Miller

I started out with a Accel DFI system and after playing with the Speed Pro system and finding out how user friendly it was then sold the Accel system.

My opinion would be if you are thinking of running fast enough and want to spend the money on a DFI system is to wait a little longer and buy a Speed Pro system.

Good Luck

I dunno, that Gen VII looks nicer than the SP. INcludes TCC and has aud outputs. Jack @ racetronics was telling me about it one nite on IRC.

Yep. I just got rid of a Gen VII because there's only a couple of tuners that REALLY know the ins and outs of it. If you don't have one within a short driving distance, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I've used FAST for four years, and have access to one of the best FAST tuners around and we couldn't make the Gen VII idle worth a damn, couldn't tell where the timing was at, and never could get the WB o2 working. Got a new FAST on its way to me now.

Just an observation, I think the comments in this section of the
BB have said a lot.

Thanks to Lance, Craig and many, many others for the great support we have for the Speed Pro system. You can have a fancy system like the Motec that can do everything but if the support is not there for people like me to help make it work then it does no good.

I like the access we have to information.

Good Luck, and take care

Exactly, NastyGN. I missed two races this year and have only run within about 7 tenths of what the true potential of my car is because there was no support with the Gen VII. I don't see the tech guys from Accel on this bb(or any other bb for that matter) like Lance and Craig are.

nope, not user friend at all ... Job Spotter is the only good tuner on the east coast. With the SP its user friendly and gets the job done jsut as good ... who really uses all sorts of fantasy screens with anaolg displays ?? good for the tuner but not worth the disadvantage of being to tune it.

I used both the older dfi gen 6 for dos and the newer version ... well, on my race car I have the speedpro !!!

Greg

Back