You can type here any text you want

Dfi ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VxTurboxV

Hey, I'm kinda new to the whole aftermarket computer thing. I am currently looking at a GXL rx-7 with a GN drivetrain in it. it has the following....

DFI,
Art Carr 9 inch torque convertor 3000 stall, 40lb injectors, rjc powerplate, down pipe, 10mm racing wires,new exhaust, all guages etc.

Well i was just wondering what the hell a DFI is? I figured it was just the abbrev. for Direct Fuel Injection and I thought all GN's 86 and up had it. But now I was told that it is a stand alone system?
I just want to know what I am buy'n.

So assuming all this stuff works well, what do you think I'll run in the 1/4?

Thanks
Adam

DFI stands for Digital Fuel Injection. Accel made it back in the late 80s early 90s.

It was the hot ticket at the time for a computer that you could alter fuel tables, timing, idle control and the works. This was a big advantage over burning chips that had to be sent to you.

It is still usable today, my Dad runs that box on a Stage 2 motor right now. He is switching to a FAST unit here soon but he has used it to the point that it has become obsolete. It cannot control the motor and the power levels we are looking for.

You will need a laptop that can boot up in DOS, yeah ancient Arabic to us these days, and you have to have a serial port on the back of the laptop to interface with the ECM.

The current Accel DFI is the Gen 7, which is a Windows XP-compatible system, FAR, FAR advanced from the very old earlier unit just referenced.

The Gen 7-Plus will be out shortly, with even more features.

The only current system still using DOS is the current FAST unit.

HTH :)

Guys-

i just loaded up the v 3.0.6 beta (gen VII gen 7 plus) and it is a lot cleaner and the help screens are ten times better.

one word...awsome.

Well,

The gage screen is smoother and better layed out.

In the calmap2002, the help screnn was less than helpfull, now is is a little more clear what key or keys to hit.

in the set up screen it has our ignition screen built in with all the triggers and such pre programmed.

The 3d fuel map is multicolored and eisier to read...

Im still playing, as my engine is not built yet but i am learninbg a lot.

Kenny Duttweiler likes the new DFI Gen7.
He is not a huge fan of the fast system.
I have a fast and have no problems with it.
The FAST has also gone 6.4 @ 220mph
I would still have to guess that Kenny knows
a little more than I do!!! =)

Back