Dial in Issues...

justcrusin'

Aug 17, 2009
Mississippi
Last night the air was very heavy and humid. Everyone was running .25 slower. It may have been the track, i don't know....the .25 was lost during the 330'ft...

I ran a 10.01 and a 10.06 then my last pass before eliminations was a 9.89.

I wrote a 9.90 dial in....won the light with a .528 and proceeded to break out with a 9.74....I never thought to let off because of my previous times.

It may have been the track, but I think it had more to do with the weather. My question is:

Does anyone use a weather station? what do you look for and how do you ajust?:)

Thanks.

Turbo-Fun

Sep 26, 2006
Illinois
Since you're running 9's you probably have all the go fast toys but were your 60' times consistent? I find it nearly impossible to get these turbo cars to run consistant ET's without a boost controller and two step. Unless the 60" times are consistent the ET's won't be consistent either. Not sure how much a weather station would help but maybe someone who uses one will chime in.

Sweet6

Jun 12, 2001
Visit site
Since you're running 9's you probably have all the go fast toys but were your 60' times consistent? I find it nearly impossible to get these turbo cars to run consistant ET's without a boost controller and two step. Unless the 60" times are consistent the ET's won't be consistent either. Not sure how much a weather station would help but maybe someone who uses one will chime in.
Check the loose nut behind the wheel ;)

justcrusin'

Aug 17, 2009
Mississippi
My 60'ft's are good....1.39 - 1.40

Last night I did great on consistancy...9.66 - 9.68 - 9.64

It was over 90 and very humid but the car was moving.

When it came time to dial in I wrote a 9.62. It was starting to cool off a little so I gave it some room.

I ran a perfect dial in @ 9.62 However, I red lighted @.498

I am still finding the sweet spots in my three speed and still footbraking.

I want to get the transbrake button off the shifter and on the steering wheel instead.

I also want to upgrade my driveshaft to a 4" aluminum from Dynotech.
These shafts are high speed balanced and may help smooth out the ride.
In addition you lose 6 lbs of rotating weight. It's like taking 60lbs out of the car.

I found a good weather site on the i-phone and have started a log book.
I guess after some time I can look back and see how different conditions effect my car.....keeping notes is a good idea.

TWIN86GNS

May 28, 2001
Keswick, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
When I go to the track (not very often now) I take a small cheap "weather station" with me. It is currently hung up in my living room but when I go to the track I use it to record the barometer readings, the humidity and the temperature.

I also kept a log with all information written down while bracket racing and it sure helped with going rounds at the track. :smile: