diamond pistons, stock rods?

Whipplecharged

anybody using diamond pistons on the stock rods? wrist pins are 0.940, are these meant to be press-fit or do the rods have to be bushed? Thanks

I have a set of diamonds in mine and yes you can press them or if you want floaters you can have them bushed. If that helps

Why 2 posts not a fan? Ive been running 30 lbs with no problems. Please elaborate on you issue of not liking Diamonds. If its noisy, your machinist didn't set up the proper cyl. to wall clearence. If it blew apart, it probably detonaterd = bad tune. Please let us know insted of just saying they suck. Thanks.

I have diamond pistons in my car. The only piston that has any advantage on the market is JE. JE has a nicer skirt finish than my diamonds.

I would trust them from a 20 hp mower to a 2000 hp pro mod.

I have worked for a perfromace race shop and have had many issues with the diamond pistons. The top of the pistons above the first ring have come apart. They were abused, but I have had many other pistons live through worse. I am not saying that they are a bad piston, just if I was spending money for a new piston I would buy one I trust. I just would like to know that the piston I have will live through a mistake like fuel pressure falling off and causing some knock. Just like my sig, JE pistons. Got what I paid for.

all the research I did came back as the diamond pistons were the way to go, were so many people wrong I haven't fired the engine yet but I could use some reassureance.:eek:

Melissa has been beating the hell out of them for 2 years ... just ran a 9.94@138 Friday :eek: :p

Lets not take this the wrong way. If I was to buy a fresh engine and was told it had diamond pistons, I would still purchase it. But if I were to purchase pistons I would buy something else. And I dont feel that they are inferior. Do not feel worried about your pistons. I just was giving my opinion on them.

All the piston blanks are made by one manufacturer. Then each individual company finishes them to their specs.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

dropped the pistons and rods off at the machine shop friday. he recommended bushing the rods too so thats what were doing. i'm ready to get this thing together and see what it runs :D

glad to here I didn't just throw my money out senselesly so I get to do it again next year. Thank you to mellisa for making me feel more at ease:D