did you know TR's and TTA's are Rice ?

Jolly460 said:
I wouldn't even waste my time anymore to convince those guys...I'm sure they'll discredit that list because it doesn't have a Holley 750 carb on it so therefore it's not a real muscle car. :rolleyes:
LMAO

SouthernCal GN said:
One of the weirdest/fun cars I've owned was a Merkur XR4Ti with the turbo 4- we used to blast up and down the 5 freeway from LA to San Diego, and I swear that thing was possessed! Kind of a dog off the line, but anything above 3000 rpm the thing was a screamer.....

and, it had a weird double wing on it....better get out the chopsticks....

The Merkur uses the exact same 2.3T that the SVO's use. It's simply an export car made by Ford to be shipped over seas. They're really nice cars for autox. Also a lot of N/A 4cl stang guys buy them for nothing and swap the motor into their stangs ;)

As for the double wings, most people don't realise that in order for a wing to function, it has to be in the air stream. The SVO's and Merkurs was actually built to run fast and thus a functioning wing. In todays wrold, the spoiler/wing is more for cosmetics. Now groups like the imports has started using these like crazy but still don't under stand how they work. You just simply can't bolt one on and it work. You have to unsderstand stuff like the foil of an airplane wing. The wrong angle of attack will only slow you down instead of helping you out.

For bonus points, what State/town was the spoiler/wing envented for a car?

hmmmm

They edited some of my posts there. And I didn't even flame on them or say I raise the BS flag on his car being able to go 12.9. Didn't slo86gn's posts get totally deleted?
They should come to Renyolds. There is a FB clubs that always comes up,all the low 11 and high 10 Ponchos all are close to being complete race cars.
Didn't argue cause as my Dad says "Even if you are arguing with an idiot..the passerby don't know the difference"
I still love my Pontiac no matter how they wanna act. :biggrin:

I love all demestic cars...heck I even don't mind some imports that aren't riced out. The whole thing about those guys on that FB forum is, some of the FB's ( TTA's) came stock with the Turbocharged 3.8L V6. It's like pissing on their own members when putting down the GN/T-types. Then to make things worse, you got mods who act like 16 year old high school kids :confused: Oh well, It's over, if their members really want to see what their BB is really like, they can come read this thread.

BillyRValentine said:
I just figured something else out. I recently posted a daily driven 10-second recipe on ls1tech.com. It dawned on me that Lou and Bobble Head acted as if the TR guys are the only ones making this claim so I thought I should put this out there for fruit for thought. I am not doing so to instigate any more rhetoric but more-so incase they are still reading this thread and choose to investigate the matter on their own. Here is my recipe and price list for a daily driven, stock suspended, 10 second LS1. This is the parts list and pricing for everything in my T/A. I will entertain any questions but will not participate in any more arguing with Lou or Bobble Head. :rolleyes:

10 Second Recipe

Keep in mind that this is only one mans recipe for a truly daily street driven 10-sec. LS1 “F-body”. This was done with a completely stock suspension and a soft 1.64 60-ft. It has cut consistent mid 1.6x 60-ft times but has went a low as 1.53-60 ft. when leaving on the button vs. leaving with the n2o activated by the TPS/RPM (3000). All of the 10.90 passes were made using only the first stage and shifting at 5700-rpm.

Lunati camshaft 221@.050 .560/.560 - $200.00 (Used)
Cold Air lid and K&N Filter - $180.00
PaceSetter longtube headers w/2.5-in true dual exhaust (Borla Mufflers.) $1000.00
TCI SSF convetor tightened up to 32-3500 - $550.00
3.42 gears – Freebee!!!
26x10.5 slicks on a 10-in Weld wheel. – $700.00
Front sway bar removed – Nadda!!!
HP Tuners - $600.00
NOS Big Shot (N2O)/ Cheater (Fuel) jetted at 150-hp on the first stage and 200-hp second stage. – Already had laying around!!!
Big Shot line - $65.00
Nitro Dave’s plate - $140.00
FJO digital controller - $206.00
LS6 Intake - $300.00
Racetronix fuel pump - $250.00

Total to run 10’s - $4191.00 give or take a few dollars.

Jim C.

So are you trying to prove that the easiest and cheapest way to go a 10 is with an already expensive chevy motor. You should elaborate on how cheap and easy it is to go a 10 with one of those 305s the guys were suggesting at fbn, or any of the pontiac motors.

I wouldn't say that it is necessarily easy but more-so that it doesn't cost the big bucks that it did even 10 years ago with technology changing. LS1s aren't really that expensive as I find them on ebay pretty regular for as cheap as $1500.00 for a higher mileage long block. I still believe that one has to do their research and know how to tune the motor to the parts they buy/install. This is the same with any motor, period. One can build an LS1 to make 475-hp without ever changing the heads, add some gas (N2O) to it and put it in a decent car and you have a recipe for good mileage, great Hp/Tq not to mention reliability. As for me telling them how to do so with a 305 or Pontiac motor, it doesn't really matter what I tell them, their minds are made up. Take care.

Jim C.