did you know TR's and TTA's are Rice ?

HAHAHAHA. Is that guy high or what!!! 20K to go 12's high 11's. pfffff. How about a boost controller, hot wire kit and some fuel? I know fuel prices are up there but not 20 grand. hahah. fool. I saw in someones sig on here...."231 CID + 30 lbs of boost = 600CID. No replacement for displacement?"

Lord al mighty! He must have been beat by a few TR's. 38 years old, oh gosh! He is OLD!

Commented he's worked and built them before, BS. The chump was 18 when they came out! And being he dubs them 'ricer' because we're turbo. Lord....the guy's a tool.

Water pumps fail at 20k?? Heads warp within 40k? :rolleyes:

-Adam

Note to self....
If I ever need assistance in Queens, NY, Don't let super moderator Lou even pump my gas.
He probably works at some quicky lube in the pit. I got a few years on him and probably just as much REAL experience with "muscle" cars, thats why I have GN's. I got sick of tuning to every little weather change just to keep them running right. Nothing really compares to a turbo Buick IMO.

Boy that guy is pretty brutal on our cars. Must've been whooped pretty hard by a few of us Buick guys here to make him that bitter. :)

I go to Pontiac track events where the street cars run 14's and race cars run 12's. (I love my slow azz 79T/A 400 4spd mullet-mobile)

I go to a Buick track event where the street cars run 11's and race cars run 9's.

I'm not sure lou from Queens is even Homo Sapien.

That dude is 120% stuck in the '70's Neanderthal.

I hope he isn't passing his stupidity onto any kids.

I bet he is one of those know-it-alls that works at Autozone :p That dude needs a reality check or a kick in the *ss!!

Someone needs to go join that board and school ROCKO on how easily our gay ass ricer mobiles can run low 12s with hardly anything done to them.

For 38 years young, he sure sounds like he was driving those cars back in the late 60s and early 70s,, what a friggin tool

BW

He's the worst type of wrong person. By that, i mean he really is so closed minded and doesnt know what he doesnt know. And he is very confident and convincing to people who dont know better. There were few challenges to him.

ThikStik said:
He's the worst type of wrong person. By that, i mean he really is so closed minded and doesnt know what he doesnt know. And he is very confident and convincing to people who dont know better. There were few challenges to him.

8000 posts worth.

It appears all of the challenges to lou's vast knowledge get deleted by the moderators.

He's a legend in his 38 year old mind.

UNGN said:
8000 posts worth.

It appears all of the challenges to lou's vast knowledge get deleted by the moderators.

He's a legend in his 38 year old mind.

Wow, I didnt know that...I wonder why the moderators would do that.

To play devils advocate, our cars have an element of rice to them. They have a weight to cubic inch displacement ratio that is similiar to rice. They could never do very well if they werent turboed. BUT...How well they do is amazing, and how well rice does is often a yawn. And, compared to other turboed cars, I think our ease of maintenance , practical chassis, seating and trunk space make us win hands down. A cousin showed me histurboed passat. Hell, you coudnt even see the turbo.

looks like me and Evil87GN are schooling them with some facts while they just throw out numbers with nothing to back it up.

By the way I'm a die-hard Pontiac guy, and I bought the TTA because it's a Trans Am not because of the GN drivetrain (although that really helped push me over the edge). I grew up with poncho power in my blood but after owning the TTA I realized how much potential you have when working with a turbo motor. My dad has also learned a lot about turbos while working with me on my car and he will even tell you that turbos are where it's at as a former Mechanical Engineer in the truck engine design department at ford and a diehard pontiac enthusiast ever since he got his car in 1971.

I figured why not kill them with kindness and facts instead of getting all pissy about him calling GN's/TTA's rice. Sounds like he has been around some GN's during the early days of the aftermarket, so that's all he remembers. Maybe once he reads a little more, he will realize the aftermarket for our cars has come a loooonnnggg way since then. BTW, if you haven't guessed.....Evil87GN.....lol.

The kid is acting all nice now :rolleyes: He's the one that wasn't acting his age....I wonder what he thinks he knows of 83's :rolleyes:

What I liked was his "No replacement for cubes" crede that he made many times and then told the other guy to do a 350 instead of a 403! :D

And he said he had no problem with power adders when you are trying to go over the 1000 hp mark....once you've made the power n/a. He then fails to realize that the LC2 is already ahead of the game because of our turbos. And talking n/a power I'm sure there are some actual grand national n/a engines that would put a whipping to a lot of v-8's.

What a load of crap. I tried to build v-8's to run. The only thing the do is dog. Unless there 15 to 1 compression. Try and take cruise around in that.

Fact- Who cares whats under the hood. If I could wind up rubber bands and beat you what difference does it make. I won!

I'm a Convert

I was a DIE HARD big block muscle-car guy. The Buick cured me of that for good. No more 'rare" overpriced ebay parts, broken swap meet crap and no more "numbers matching" stupidity.

I know of no way to go faster for less. Please tell me what other vintage musclecar could run a totally streetable low 12s-high 11s with:

* Way under $1000 of mods?
* Over 170K on the stock motor?
* 2 bolt mains, cast crank and cast pistons?
* A 3.8 V6 in a 3600 lb car?

That Lou guy is a fool. That kind of stuff gets annoying, but remember:

On the internet, forum posts are worth every cent.

Check this out. You just can't argue with stupidity no matter how many facts you throw at em. Talk about clueless. This guy belongs up there with "Bub Rub" woooooo-wooooooo!!!

Jim C.