Difference Between 86/87 Grand Nationals?

On 86 cars, the harness is different where it plugs into the computer, they have metal reatining clips that hold it to the ECM and the 87 uses plastic that you squeeze together to get it unplugged
Oil cooler lines on 87 cara are rubber in appearance where 86 cars sort of have a nylon overbraid on them.

Ok stickers are different and other random stuff, there was the recall emissions chip but I thought that was midyear one of the years? I doubt it made a power difference, especially a whole 10HP worth. The point I was trying to make was I bet an 86 and an 87 will dyno basically the exact same.

Brian, I and a friend both owned '86 GNs once before, they both had aluminum bumper supports - VD6 and VD7 on trunk sticker. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere before about all '86 GNs having them, could have been in one of the old ATR or Kirban newsletters. I could be wrong though, anyone else have an '86 GN with steel bumper supports?:)

Originally posted by KENNE-BILL
Brian, I and a friend both owned '86 GNs once before, they both had aluminum bumper supports - VD6 and VD7 on trunk sticker. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere before about all '86 GNs having them, could have been in one of the old ATR or Kirban newsletters. I could be wrong though, anyone else have an '86 GN with steel bumper supports?:)

Just checked my supports , aluminum and VD6 VD7 on trunk sticker :D

One more interior tid bit:

The "metal grey" colouring on the interior applique is different between the 86 & 87 model years.

'86 was darker finish than the '87s. This can be found on: Instrument panel, radio bezel, PS dash plaque, console/shifter plate, and the pull strap screw covers. Among other spots as well, I'd suppose.