You can type here any text you want

difference in headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vega

I'm GOD of Abraham Lincon
can i use the gnx headers or twin turbo gnx header setups on the l36 in a 96 firebird? will they match to my heads i guess is the question.

i am looking for cast turbo headers for my l36 basically so i can make my own turbo kit for the bird. i like v6 turbo sound over the ls2 sound personally....jmho

i am using the five speed btw any issues with this?

twin turbo gnx header setups on the l36 in a 96 firebird? will they match to my heads i guess is the question.

I don't know if they will or not .. BUT they are impossible to find !!

well can u bolt the newer heads to the older engine block?

i'm thinking you are gonna have ALOT of issues. i'm not saying it can't be done, but it is more than just getting the turbo to bolt up. just to start off, if the header and turbo did bolt up, i don't think your hood would close.

im not worried about the hood thats an easy fix. i just need the more difficult parts ... to me... which are do the headers bolt up and what am i going to use to tune it.

What Gurmpy means is the GNX twin turbo headers are impossible to find since the twin turbo GNX never existed from the factory. They only made quad turbo GNX's:rolleyes:

i know it was a single factory BUT ive seen twin turbo setups.... im an idiot but im not stupid geeze thanks you guys...

seriously though do the manifolds match to the L36 v6 aka series 2 heads in the 96-01 f-bodies?

i think the series II heads are symmetrical so the ports are not at the same place on the head and not the same shape.

Back