You can type here any text you want

different length springs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toomanymodz

While my car was on the lift at the chassis shop, we noticed that the passenger rear spring is shorter than the driver-side rear spring. In fact it fell out of its perch. Me thinks that something ain't right. I measured the rear fender to the floor on both sides and the car sits level, even though the coils are clearly different lengths. Hmmm.

I just installed the HR Parts rear bar and let all the air out of the bags. Now my rear fender lip sits about 3/8 from the tire and the front fenders are a good 3" above the top of the tires. The rear is a bit too low without the air bags.

Probably time for some new rear springs? If so, any recommendations? Street/strip, no front sway bar.

That's what a buddy said also. But he thought the longer spring should go on the passenger side. My passenger-side has the shorter spring. Unless it's designed with a heavier rate and shorter height, which is possible I guess.

Yes it would go on the passenger side, but that doesn't mean someone didn't install them wrong

Back