You can type here any text you want

Differential question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Larry

Couldn't get a response on General Tech Talk. Any help here?
Currently have stk with 28 spline moser axles. I'm building the car to run mid 9's. I'm thinking 33 spline with aftermarket differential. I'm thinking Detroit Locker. I will still drive the car on the street occasionally- so no spool. Anyone recommend a specific Detroit Locker or something comparable? Larry

:confused:

Originally posted by Larry
Couldn't get a response on General Tech Talk. Any help here?
Currently have stk with 28 spline moser axles. I'm building the car to run mid 9's. I'm thinking 33 spline with aftermarket differential. I'm thinking Detroit Locker. I will still drive the car on the street occasionally- so no spool. Anyone recommend a specific Detroit Locker or something comparable? Larry

I ran my TT SBC regal on the street occasionally & used a 9" ford & spool & never had a problem. This same car was sold in 2000 & the present owner has had no problems either. It has run 9.02 155 mph in street form through the mufflers.

Larry,

In Chris Chow's 8.5@ 163 WE4 we use a bolt in 9inch with
a detroit locker 35 spline. It works good, if doing it again I would do a spool.

If you want to run the stock housing I have heard that you can get the eaton modified to except 33 spline axels. You will still need some axel retention. The ford bearing end are the way to go.
C Clip Eliminators are a pain in the Rear End :D

Back