Direct scan issues

turbo6x2

10 second hot air
Anyone having any issues when you plug in your direct scan that their car tries to stall? Or that the readings seem way off, ours is showing 15 mph at idle and a bunch of codes that aren't really an issue and it seems to be effecting the way the car is reacting while the ds is running. Any help or input would be appreciated.

Double and triple check the connection point. May not be cleaned off well enough.

What laptop?
I wouldn't think it would be an issue any more, but it sounds like you may need the adapter that they make, for certain laptops.
Have you emailed/talked to them about this issue yet??

I had similar issues getting to go, seems to me i set the world land speed recored sitting in my garage and had enough knock to blow every TR up in the world:eek:

For me it was the port set up (after i ensured that the connector was clean as a whistle) I believe my laptop was F2 to get into the set up to change the port settings.

HTH

Originally posted by TurboDave
Double and triple check the connection point. May not be cleaned off well enough.

What laptop?
I wouldn't think it would be an issue any more, but it sounds like you may need the adapter that they make, for certain laptops.
Have you emailed/talked to them about this issue yet??
Lap top is an IBM just like the other one that just started having issues. We have been using DS for about 4 years and I wonder if our cable is going bad???? Working on the connection issues tonight, trying to understand what is f2??? That's how you got the printer port to work properly? We had this installed in a friends car for DS and it was reading correctly, which brings me back to the cable going south or somehow sholved too far into the pins. We swapped ecm and still the same deal, our knock count showed 15 when the knock gauge read zero. And the tps showed .62 at idle while the meter said .46 which is close to what you want as ideal. Also the car SES light will blink when I first start the program and the car hesitates, that's why I was wondering if the cable going bad could casue an ECM issue. Or it could be the connecter cable going south? Just trying to diagnois this so we can run the computer for tuning. thanks for all your help!

For me i had to delete the port then reinstall, F2 is to get into the setup of the computer when you at booting..