You can type here any text you want

disc brakes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I had read your thread before and I guess I missed the instructions. So if I have this correct you get the parts from a late model v-6 camaro. Then cut off the top half of the flange on the end of the axle. Line up the four holes and cut out the top two that aren't there to begin with. Also need a disc/disc prop valve to replace the disc/drum prop valve. Attach the assembly and your good and this will work with your 7.5" rear and the 8.5" rear. Depending on the size wheel you may need to relocate the lower shock perches inward and add a 1/4 spacer. Let me know if I missed anything. Also this will allow for the use of the parking brake? BTW how come no updates for more than a month?

Thanks Glen. I figured he's find the link on his own. What do you think so far.:biggrin:

I love those type or threads where it's a step by step. I also can appreciate your rust repair. I worked at a body shop for 3 years during HS and into college as a prepper/painter.

I wish I had the time to work on my car, but 17 month old at home, another due this August. Also my wife is a CPA, and it's January, so yeah I'll be playing Mr. Mom until April 15th. :D

I had read your thread before and I guess I missed the instructions. So if I have this correct you get the parts from a late model v-6 camaro. Then cut off the top half of the flange on the end of the axle. Line up the four holes and cut out the top two that aren't there to begin with. Also need a disc/disc prop valve to replace the disc/drum prop valve. Attach the assembly and your good and this will work with your 7.5" rear and the 8.5" rear. Depending on the size wheel you may need to relocate the lower shock perches inward and add a 1/4 spacer. Let me know if I missed anything. Also this will allow for the use of the parking brake? BTW how come no updates for more than a month?

Well I also found out that you can use the backing plates off the Blazer as well. You have to put a 1/4" spacer between the backing plate and the axle and use the camaro rotor to make it work. I had the Camaro axle so I used it.

As far as updates, the shop doesn't have doors on it yet and it's been kinda cool here so I've been trying to stay warm instead.:smile:

I love those type or threads where it's a step by step. I also can appreciate your rust repair. I worked at a body shop for 3 years during HS and into college as a prepper/painter.

I wish I had the time to work on my car, but 17 month old at home, another due this August. Also my wife is a CPA, and it's January, so yeah I'll be playing Mr. Mom until April 15th. :D

Well I won't have much time now Glen. I've decided to open the shop officially to full time. I just haven't been making enough at work and the customers I've had have had problems making it to the shop when I can get to it.

Well I won't have much time now Glen. I've decided to open the shop officially to full time. I just haven't been making enough at work and the customers I've had have had problems making it to the shop when I can get to it.

Good luck with the shop! It takes quite a commitment to take it from a hobby and try and make a career out of it. I hope you do well. :cool:

Good luck with the shop! It takes quite a commitment to take it from a hobby and try and make a career out of it. I hope you do well. :cool:

LOL I'm an ASE certified master tech Glen. It's not a hobby, it's what I've been doing since I was 18.:eek: God help me I feel old these days.:biggrin:

a few years back, i did some internet crossreferencing and came to the conclusion that if you want to use the Caprice setup that would be easiest to find, then you can use a rotor from either an LS1 F body or S series truck. i can't remember which one it was, tho.
and i know for a fact that 15" wheels will work with the Caprice setup, since GM built probably millions of B bodies with rear disc brakes and 15" wheels. the only B body that had bigger than 15" wheels was the Impala SS that had 17's, but they used the same brakes as the Caprice 9C1 it was based on.

Hopefully someone will know cause I can't find the answer based on some researching of part numbers. I have a braided brake line kit for my blazer front brake conversion which came with braided brake lines for the rear calipers also. My question is although the caliper part numbers are different between the blazer and camaro, is the banjo bolt the same size on the camaro and blazer rear calipers? I want to do the camaro rear brake conversion but would like to utilize the braided lines I already have.

I honestly don't know. I'd assume that it is since they try and use as much of the same design for as many cars it should be the same though.

You can probably use them. The threads may different on banjo bolts, but the diameter of the shank is probably the same. For example, the regal banjo bolt has different threads than the Camaro caliper, but the front regal brake line can be used using the camaro banjo bolt.

Back