Distributor & ESC

Utah Blaine

Putting this engine back together is a wonder a minute. I go to the 1979 chassis manual and find on page 6A1-36 my distributor right, WRONG.

I go to Rock Auto and look up my right distributor, I think . It's a A-1 Cardone #301690. It has all the 4 hookups on it anyway. Can I use my cap on this distributer? All the caps look alike to me but not the distributor's.

In the chassis manual one of the gismos that come out of the ESC goes to the engine wiring harness. where does it go from there? It says one wire is a light blue and one is pink. I didn't have it hooked to anything before and am going to use one I found (ESC) that has the hook up but I cant see the wires. There in a male clip. I'll probably have to cut it off and hand wire the thing but I don't know what to connect it to . I hope this makes since.

All the years my wife drove the car it must not have had the turbo working. When I took it off it was froze up solid, wouldn't turn at all. New one does and that is what I'm worried about lol. The old turbo couldn't do any damage to the engine.

Thanks all

Thanks Rich. I guess I'll get that distributor and use my cap. About time I can save some money LOL.

Thanks again!

Throw away factory esc they are junk will cause more problems than good.mine caused me nothing but grief,have a pile of those worthless relics.