DIY front seat uphlostrey

sams87gn

Has anybody redone their GN front seats with Jax Seat Cover Upholstery? & if so how hard was it .& do you need and special tools? Thanks:smile:

If you haven't done so....Call them...

There must be many people across the country who have decided to do the work themselves or farm it out because of distance.

They will answer your questions but maybe wait 'til Tuesday as ..... I think they are just getting back Monday from a well deserved week off.

I have done it, it's not hard at all if you have the small hog rins pliers and hog rings. You just have to work it slowly because the middle lumbar section is tight as all get out and you don't have much space to latch to the wire that runs across the middle.

There is a trick to the headrest covers, but you don't learn it until you're done the 2nd one, lol. You place the metal bar in, get one corner in, twist the head rest cover almost sideways and then mash the pad down with your knee while you twist the head cover on and then massage it on once you have it all the way around.

If you take the seats out, most shops would charge you ~$150.00 to do it.

I've done a few cars (TR's). No problem at all. JAX makes good quality stuff. Just take your time and it'll be fine. I skipped in the hog ring pliers in favor of my trusty needle nose. (You'll also need some snips to cut off the old hog rings.

replacing seat covers

I did my front seats a few months ago. First side I did the hard way with needle nose pliers and expletives.
Next day I spent the $50 for the right tool and bought a bag of hog rings which made the job much much easier.
Now the headrests? That's a different story. The easy part was getting my sister to embroider the turbo6 logo on the new covers the rest was a real pain. Getting the old ones off was bad enough putting the new ones on was even tougher. Tore a finger nail away from my finger. Do not throw out that white loose fabric stuff even though its a pain it helps reduce the friction of the fabric against the foam for both the seats and the head rests.
HTH
Peter

Thanks for all the great replys.I can not wait to get started . I had the GN since IT was new (boy am i glad i kept her) what a fast 20 years it has been. My drivers seat had a small pin hole in it & over the years it just kept getting bigger & bigger every thing elese in the interior is fine But you can not change just one front seat i do not think it would match :smile: