You can type here any text you want

diy volt booster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

northerngn

Master Monkeywrench
has anyone ever made one of these?
i have an old reds volt booster laying around from a car i bought and then sold
i know people have reported the hobbs switch failing
i thought maybe i could use the connector off it and then just boosting at the line and then shut it off at the finish line plus, i thought then i could turn it on at idle to speed up windows on the way up:biggrin:

that being said does anyone know which terminal gets 12v to make the alt go full field?

-Dan

Take the "S" terminal and ground it and the alt will go full output. I don't recommend it though.

Take the "S" terminal and ground it and the alt will go full output. I don't recommend it though.

Yeah, some things in the car may not like full-field. Or you can do like I did and run the sense lead over to the positive terminal of the battery. That will compensate for the voltage drop in the charging wire. I put one of those small fuse holders on the battery end of that wire for protection and easy disconnect. I have one of those diodes that's in a fuse package and if that's in the circuit, the Vout of the alternator is raised about 0.7V.

I built a really slick set -up and using the XFI aux output using boost as a trigger to turn the relay on and off controlling the volt booster. Basically all the resisters are consolidated to the relay and only needed to run one wire to the alternator. The relay I kept under the dash near the XFI.
AG

Just plug the Reds one in and call it a day. :)There were a few fast GN,s at BG with his VB on so it can't be that bad:rolleyes:

I built a really slick set -up and using the XFI aux output using boost as a trigger to turn the relay on and off controlling the volt booster. Basically all the resisters are consolidated to the relay and only needed to run one wire to the alternator. The relay I kept under the dash near the XFI.
AG
more info, write up?

AG
more info, write up?

Electronic Experts- Volt booster - DIY
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...erts--Volt-booster---DIY.443810/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another thought would be to use a kenny bell boostapump or boostaspark.the volt boosters do fail and fail not in a good way.with the kb 17.5 or 21 volts depending on how you set it up will be there.the added benefit that the kb provides is in the case of something going south on the electrical system it will still provide the volts its supposed to.they really work and i have seen them in cars performing since the 90s

Back