You can type here any text you want

Do I have PM or hydroboost brakes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sams86gn

Sorry for the stupid question but I don't know how to tell if they are power master or hydroboost brakes. Here's a pic:

image-1063333805.jpg

Might needs some cleaning up. Make sure the presure swich at the top where the small harness clips in is grey and not black. Press the brake pedal when the car is off about 10 times and empty out the brake fluid and put some new fluid in. Its importaint to keep the fluid clean on these old units.

Looks to me like you have the very first version accumulator bowl (all black) ? You'd better get that thing changed !!!

I saw that too but maybe it still works. The black switch and the all black acorn shaped balls were recalled way back when these cars were almost brand new.

Yeah that I know as I was there back then and did a recall on those parts but if those two parts are the originals ( whether they work or not right now) he better get RID of them !!
Yes CLEAN brake fluid is VERY important to keep a powermaster system working correctly.

I'm actually just switching over to vacuum brakes and wanted to make sure it was the powermaster system before I tried to sell it. This car sat for 15 years so I'm sure those parts are originals. I have no idea if the powermaster system even works but I have read to many horror stories on here to even mess with it.

Back