You can type here any text you want

Do I need a chip update if?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

22lbChevelle

If I change from the stock long block to a 204/214 cam with head and intake work? I have Trans+ w/ Extender PN: BZH54XIE... Does the Trans+ cover any adjustments I will nee to make? Also, this chip is for 40# injectors, correct?

Thanks,
Dan

Probably should contact Bob Bailey to find out for sure but I'm fairly certain the Extender is in "Closed loop" during part throttle cruise as light accell which means its uses a MAF table to convert the MAF reading into the amount of fuel it needs to add with the metered air, and the only correction is the long and short term BLMs.
So with that said, if you have a scan tool, see what your BLMs are when in closed loop..if they are maxxed out say more than +-15 or so from 128, then an update may be in order.

12lbChevelle said:
If I change from the stock long block to a 204/214 cam with head and intake work? I have Trans+ w/ Extender PN: BZH54XIE... Does the Trans+ cover any adjustments I will nee to make? Also, this chip is for 40# injectors, correct?

Thanks,
Dan

depending on boost and turbo, the built motor may need larger injectors.

You only need to respin the chip if you go with different injectors or want the new whiz-bang features of the newer chips......

Bob

Hey guys, thanks a bunch for the replies, it was just something I hadn't read on the boards here yet. About how long after clearing the ECM should one drive before checking BLMs for accurate readings? :)

Just takes a quick spin around the block.
You should notice that the short term INT will either go up or down, and when it gets about 10 off of 128, it will increment or decrement the Long term BLM and the short term will start back at 128....and the process repeats until the air/fuel is at the "target" that it is programmed for.
Just watch those until they get fairly stable at the same cruise speed and throttle. And then do that for various speeds and throttle...lite accell etc.

:cool: Ok, thanks for those notes. Anyone have a link to where I can find info on the extender chip I have? It was purchased in '02 from Ramchargers.

Back