You can type here any text you want

do i need a reburn after heads and cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jetmech

I have t-plus w/ extender chip im doing heads and cam this winter does my chip need a re-burn. rest of combo in my sig. thanks

depends on the cam. The most it will need is more idle speed. Fuel will be taken care of by the extender when it sees the extra airflow
Mike

Either just get your vendor to burn a new one, or best yet, log some low boost WOT runs and see how your o2s look. Better yet if you have access (dyno shop?) to a wide band. BUT, when you are logging, do not keep your foot in it if you see/hear any detonation.

Personally, I would 'carefully' run it first and review the logs. Then determine if you need a new chip or if you can tune it via t+. Over the years, I have noticed that I only needed a chip when I changed injectors. When I did mods like cam or head porting, I could tune it with fuel pressure and the MAFT+.

Enjoy it !

the extender will see the extra airflow so the fuel will be OK and you can tweak the translator. Timning can be adjusted by your + if anything the idle speed may need to be bumped if it stalls from the bigger cam. What is the chip number?
Mike

that is an 800 idle chip, that may be a touch low for the 218/218 you sould be fine other than that. Try it and see if you have a stalling problem
Mike

Back