You can type here any text you want

Do the body bushings have a sleeve???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Way2QWK

Turbo Spooled by CORN
I dont know what the last owner did, but the body bushings have never seemed correct on my car. Is there a metal sleeve that goes through the upper bushing through the frame that the lower bushings rests on. My car was missing most of the lower bushings. I just tried installing new lower bushings but they are compressing to much before the bolt is even tight. It seems like there should be a sleeve in there somewhere. Looking at the pictures on gnttype.org, Im not sure the upper bushings in the car are even correct. starting to wonder if the lower ones were put in the top positions. Can some one post pics of the upper and lowers and any sleeves that a retained.

I don't have any pics, but I just installed a set from Energy Suspension and they all had sleeves, as well as the ones I removed (what was left of them). The whole kit was like $122 shipped, had ALL the bushings, including the GNX ones. They came with new upper and lower washers and sleeves. I had to reuse the old bolts (after I cleaned them up). I threw out my old sleeves, should have kept 'em, should have thought that some other GN/TR owner could have used them.

quick bump because i also have some issues with mine as well

Yes all of the upper body bushings have a metal sleeve. Its purpose is to keep the bushings from being over torqued and collapsing.

There are no lower bushings on positions 3,4 and 7 on a Regal. The engineers determined that to much noise was being tranmitted into the cabin with them installed. This was a Buick afterall.

does anyone have some old sleeves that I can buy. Mine is missing all of them

well, I finally figured out the body bushings on this car. It has the lower mounts in the upper positions with all the sleeves missing. So I need to find some used sleeves from somone. Do the bushing kits from kirban come with the sleeves? No wonder this car has had so much chassis noise since I bought it in 1999

Energy Suspension. Complete kit, with washers, sleeves and all bushings including the GNX's and instructions on how they are PROPERLY installed, $122 w/free shipping direct from ES. Summit lists them for $123 +/_ and I think they charge extra for the shipping. I shopped around, could not find a better deal-some vendor(s) lists complete kits for more than twice that. All you need to reuse is your old bolts, and possibly shims for the #1's if there are any even installed on your car.

ok i have a question. for some reason the 2 furthes body bushing bolts in the rear of the car come up threw the floor into the body. not sure why? also the 2 that are dead center of the car driver and passenger side do the same thing. any ideas?

Your floorpan or frame must have some rust if the bolts are poking through. I've parted out a few cars with that problem also. Maybe it's from the wrong bushings in the wrong spot?

the bolts went through the floor pan becuase they put the wrong length bolts in the wrong positions. some bolts are longer then others

guess i will have to pull the bolts and find out if the are the correct lenghts.

Back