Do You Tithe 10% at your Church???

My wife's parents (when she was a child of about 8) attended a very large church in the wealthy end of town and her dad was the choir director, they told him he needed to wear nicer clothes and the girl (my wife) should be in dresses. I believe the quote was "People who can't dress nicely for God just aren't welcome here". They weren't well off and buying expensive clothes just for church wasn't really in the budget.

That was the last time he attended a church, a formerly fairly religious man. After being condemned to hell by a priest of the Catholic church for marrying a non Catholic (my wife's mother) and being told that his children were also doomed to hell, he quit attending Catholic church and attended Methodist church with his wife. Then they moved to south Huntsville near the money part of town and attended the church there who told him to dress better. So after all that, he lost his faith.

1. Did the church at least offer to help buy him clothes to "fit" the church? Even though I still don't like this, if they at least helped it's better than nothing.

I don't like it because suppose you went out and committed suicide for feeling rejected the blood would be on the church's hands.

2. This guy that doomed your dad sounds like Fred Phelps.

3. While I agree in church you should wear your Sunday best, the dress codes some of them pass off just get to me. I mean it's understandable to not come in there half naked but damn they'd be the first to condemn the farmer who wore his nicest cleanest set of bib overall to church. And who gave them the right to condemn you to hell anyway?

Next time they preach that, remind them they are passing judgement and only God has the authority to judge, not Satan.

Since this thread is an excellent opportunity for non believers to get some answers I have a question I could not get answered when I was a kid going to Sunday school. One of the Commandments said Thou shalt not kill. But when Moses came down the MT. he killed all the Non believers. Is it ok to kill non Christians but not Christians. Did the Ten Commandments not go into effect just yet until after the non Christian cleansing The standard answer I received 50 years ago was just have faith my son.

Why did Moses and the Levites kill 3,000 of their fellow countrymen? Because they broke the first 2 commandments. The Jews were to be set apart from their pagan neighbors and when some of them decided to build and worship a golden calf after being led out of Egypt that was enough for Moses. Read the story in it's whole context don't just pick out thing you don't like. Read about Jesus and how he rebuked Peter for picking up a sword to defend Christ from the Roman soldiers who came to arrest him. God isn't spiteful and short-tempered, quite the contrary.

In the video I mentioned before there's footage of Mt.Sinai with that stone "altar" or what's left of it, and it has drawings of a calf on it. Egyptian style drawings. The footage of the "Ark" also shows long cut planks of petrified wood that resemble parts of a boat's deck, which is odd becuase it's on top of a mountain somewhere in Iran. I don't think that Dr.Bob claimed it to be 100% proof of the Ark just a possibility. It's just something to ponder.

I was raised in a catholic home but I renounced that as soon as I was old enough to. It didn't make sense to me. So I looked in other places for answers to questions that I had. In science there's plenty of contridictions that I have to be skeptical of also. Darwin said that out of chaos came order but the 2nd law of thermodynamics states the opposite. So how can I believe in both? Yet there are plenty of very intelligent people that do.

I was led to Christ two years ago because I was finding my answers. However, if you want to replace a Judeo-Christian world view what are you going to replace it with?

Not many days left so live them I will.
You did mention free will to do as we choose. Doesnt that conflict with the murder of those who chose a different path then Moses had in mind for them when he came down from the Mt.
Since this thread is an excellent opportunity for non believers to get some answers I have a question I could not get answered when I was a kid going to Sunday school. One of the Commandments said Thou shalt not kill. But when Moses came down the MT. he killed all the Non believers. Is it ok to kill non Christians but not Christians. Did the Ten Commandments not go into effect just yet until after the non Christian cleansing The standard answer I received 50 years ago was just have faith my son.

-The 6th commandment is thou shall not murder (kill is not the best translation). The Hebrew word is restakh/ratsach/raca, which is an illegal killing, not used in justice or the killing in war. Man is in the image of God. He is as much as God can look like as possible. When you murder you are disobeying God and disrespecting God, killing His creation. Only God can kill or authorize anyone to.
What is interesting to answer your question is that the people (Israelites) choose to worship a false idol. They choose to disobey and not honor the one true God. All after the miracles of the Red Sea and the wilderness, the shoes that never wore out, the manna from Heaven and so forth. When we choose to serve another God and bow down to 'it' then we lose a 'Divine Protection'. We are then free game to this world and to God. Our only protection is the Lord. Moses came down and said whoever is for the Lord, come to me (Exodus 32:26). If you are not for the Lord, then you are against Him. There is no grey area or fence. You either serve Satan or God. Jesus says that a man can not serve 2 masters, because he will love one and hate the other (Matthew 6:24). The 3000 people that were killed (legally-authorized by God-Exodus 32:9-10), were people that the Lord had retracted His grace from (most likely non-believers). The Lord's anger builds slow, but it does build. When our inequities reach a point, it fills His anger cup and it overflows. He is a patient God but His patience doesn't last forever.
When the Lord kills someone, it is ALWAYS justified. That is hard for some people to believe, myself sometimes, but His ways are higher than mine. You have to have faith in that. There are some questions that can not be answered and the priest who told you to have faith when you asked them that question just did not know or want to spend the time with you. Very inappropriate answer for a Christian. That is a major problem with the Catholic church, they rely more upon traditions than the Bible. We are to build one another up.
The New Testament is the same as the Old Testament. If we do not believe in Jesus (as Lord and Savior, not just as a 'good' guy), then we are not promised Heaven. That is not my doing, it is God's judgment. No man can go to the Father except through me (John 14:6).

Another interesting thing is that the Lord and His people are also very concerned as how non-believers see Christians. Moses tell God in Exodus 32:12 that if you kill all of the Israelites, the Egyptians will basically mock and question your motives as to delivering them out of Egypt. In 2 Samuel 12:14, Nathan, speaking for the Lord, tells David now that you have had an adulterous affair and killed the husband, this gives the enemies of God great occasion to blaspheme. By the way, David paid very dearly for that sin; he lost 4 sons and violence never left his house.
RTViper, I am no expert in Christianity and I hope that I have answered some of your questions. If you have any more, shoot away, I will do my best. And you are right you do not have many days left. NO ONE does. We are not promised tomorrow, nor the end of this day. There are many babies and teenagers who die EVERY day.
And one last thing, I try not to consider anyone, a believer or unbeliever. There are many who seem to be believers but are damned and many who people consider unbelievers, yet they are going to Heaven. Remember the thief on the cross. He was an 'unbeliever' for 99.98% of his life, a dreg of life, but he believed in the Lord at the end and therefore became the ONLY person in the whole Bible who had the assurance, by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, that "Today, you will be with me in paradise."-Luke 23:43. The Lord only sees people as saved or unsaved. The whole life of the thief, God saw him as a believer, as His child. God is not governed by time. He created time. And we definitely need faith to believe that one :)

V8 I know its foreign to you right now running in the 12s but you will someday learn about boost. Increase the boost and you can run quicker and faster. So if you see a time and the boost used to run that time, most people can determine if a car is being run all out or has plenty in reserve.
If you are still stuck on an answer to your question, why I run 10s I can give you some more information

Be patient, we have a little something in the works that will bring some new times very soon. :cool:

Be patient, we have a little something in the works that will bring some new times very soon.

I presume you figured out the answer to your own question on why I run 10.0s?

rt, maybe you should quit spending time pondering the mysteries of the Word and spend more time pondering why you own a stage 2 that is still in the 10's.

I already know why I run 10s you obviously are puzzled. Like I stated, it should be self explanatory. It's called low boost