You can type here any text you want

Dodge Ram 3500 w/ Cummins 600 motor gives A z28 a run for its money

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SinisterBlack

Me and my dad and my cousin are comin back from the bald hill show in his '04 dodge cummins 600 turbo diesel ram with the windows open because we always love to listen to the motor...the truck is black...and it has sport appearence...so it looks mean and that means no chrome at all on the truck other than the wheels...anyway were on portion road and we stop at a light...and up next to us stops a 2nd to last gen camaro z28 with a loud motor...my dads just reving his truck a bit to listen to the motor and the light turns green...the camaro takes off...my dad wants to see if he compare....because it has 600 ft-lbs of torque and 325hp....my dad nails it and the back tires slip at first but then grip because theres nothing in the bed....and the whole race...up to around 80mph in this huge beast... and i couldnt believe the pull the truck had...felt and sounded like take off in a 747..we were a half a car length ahead of the camaro the whole time...i cant believe it...my dad cant either.,...we stop at the next light and the guy pulls next to us again and looks my dad in the eye and says "what the f*** was that?!?!" the guy had a confused look on his face...and coulnt believe that he had just gotten a run for his money from a BIG truck with a diesel

it was the crazyiest thing the whole time i was lookin in the rear view saying, why isnt he passing hes holding position but is struggling to pass.

Great kill. :D I know exactly what you mean, people dont give deisels the credit they deserve. I was at a car show a few weeks back and there was a F-250 there with the vendors. Let me tell you, this thing was humongous (headlights were re-located in the bumper since it was so high). Any ways, it sounded like a freakin' jet (going 5-10mph!!!). Talked to the guy real quick and he said it was dyno'd at 400hp and 800 ft/lbs of torque!! :eek: haha...i could only imagine the the type of pull it generated.....damn....i wish my TR was deisel now :p lmao...

my 02 F-250, ext.cab, 4X4, 7.3, has a K&N and a switch chip from Bully Dog....smoking the tires for the 1st 30/40' at Norwalk RP i have a hand full of low/mid 15sec passes best 15.20. thats with stock downpipe and exhaust

Originally posted by forcefed3.8's
Duramax Chevy with just a computer module, 13.61@99mph in 4wd.:D

mine is a 7.3 250hp, a 6.0stroke produces the same #s as yours, as both are rated at 350hp, and make around 280 (stock at the wheels ( how do i know ) watched as Dan from Livernois Motorsports dynoed both brand new back to back, chev made 2/3 more horsepower all through the power band except for peak where ford was like 5 higher, he bought the chevy

I saw one of Stacy's shows on "Trucks". He had two kits for a diesel truck I don't remember if it was a Ford or Dodge. He put on a Nitrous kit and propane injection from BullyDog. Dynoed some awsome numbers in TQ and HP!. If anyone has heard of Gale Banks and his world speed record Dodge diesel PU then, I need say no more. ;) Diesel racing is coming into its own!!:eek:

LOL.....If you are in the Atlanta area, be careful of the Dodge trucks you pick on. Place in McDonough (southside) called Garmon Diesel Performance builds/tunes some very nasty 12V Cummins truck.....How about one with 716 rwhp/1420 torque...:eek: If you see one with a little sticker that say 400 H.P. Dyno Proven and Garmon Diesel underneath it....might want to leave it alone...LOL. They have another customer truck...Ram 2500 std cab, short bed with a 12V Cummins....runs high 11's @ 118 on BFG All Terrains. Only giveaway is the big single stack sticking out of the bed. Diesel trucks aren't just for towing anymore....lol.

there was a video on this site before of a F-250 with a cummins in it that went low 11s with like 95lbs of boost, was lifted, long bed, ext cab, and like 44s on it

The dodges are running alot of boost. 100+ with twin turbo set ups. The Ford with the Cummins mentioned is making almost 900rwhp on diesel only. Diesels rule.

yea they can run rediculous amounts of boost...because the Air is not a variable on diesels....what i mean is there is no 'butterfly' changing air flow....the air is a constant, and the fuel spray changes...so u run 100lbs of boost...u gotta have some MEGA injectors...lol....my dads was almost bone stock...but its a beast...hes gonn modify the crap out of it once i move into my new house...its a Beast...and i saw one of these with Loud like 5" dual pipes straight out the back with dualies and Mods out the wazoo do like a hundred foot burn out with a stick...and all of my friends looked at me and then their jaws just Dropped....they were like.....I....must.....have...one..........lol....it sounded so sweet!

Diesels arent to be taking lightly my winter ride and work ride is a 04 F350 turbo diesel its the new 6.0 liter it was fast but I did some modifying to it. I put a granatelli programmer on it which added 110 HP and 230 ft lbs or torque also did a cold air intake from air rade and a 5 inch stainless exhaust with downpipe from bullydog and when its race time I also have a propane injection setup from bullydog for when some kid in a mustang rolls up. I have yet to be beat bad in it by any cars around here. I have smoked many mustangs and camaros a few vettes and I hung with a z06 vette on the highway for alittle bit but I didnt beat him. My friend was driving my 1995 impala SS all done up and my trunk spanked my impala and I dont even wanna bother but the truck will smolder my GN. Its great the looks you get from people I havent taken it to the track but its gotta do low 12's with the propane turned on.

Back