Dodged a bullet with wrong head gasket!!!

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
WOW, A couple of weeks ago, I popped my head gasket while destroying a 1987 GTA that was all done up,, (different story there) So my car is down at Campbell's automotive in Edmonton getting the whole engine re-built. He called me today, and confirmed that it was my head gasket that I blew, the scary thing was, is the guy i bought it off of, had put a stock 3.8L headgasket in, NOT the one for our turbo 3.8's!! Luckily none of the internals were damaged, (I limped it home, about 7kms away, and shut her off. Only ran again when it was put onto the trailer to Edmonton)

One of the scary things about buying these things used, some people don't do it the right way! Frustrating this is, he told me the engine had never been opened???!!!! (actually, it was listed as for sale here last year)

Oh well, new motor in another month, should be fun to have her back.

fellow red deer guy

I am also living and red deer and bought a gnthis year only to blow head gaskets and find further problems but I am slowly getting it together. feel free to email me at xsfdetail@telus.net mabe we can catch up somewhere I am still learning myself.

I think some people/shops use the ROL headgaskets which to the eye look the same but they aren't! Their other ones are fine but throw the HG on the shelf for mock up only! Even then, double check again!

I take solace in the fact that I'm having a great GN shop build my motor. now I finally know what it is i've got. The shop is well known in the typhoon/syclone world. My buddy bought one of the shop guy's personal typhoons, on a safe setting, no alky, it runs low 12's. !!!:eek: boost launches spins all 4 tires, including the 315's in the back, and the 245's up front!!!

on the 1/4 mile, I hope I can take him when I'm done.