You can type here any text you want

Does anyone know much about the 3.8?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bagged84regal

Im having a issue with my stock 3.8 motor, i took the hard gas line that goes to the front of the carb off so i could change my thermastat. Sounds simple right? :eek: Well idk if i broke a vaccum hose or have something that i cannot see but the car put puts now and runs like crap, I had the car running last night and it ran then putted then shut off on its own then gas shot out of the top of the carb. I had the air filter off so i could see the gag shoot out, and the car will not stay running on its own unless i stay on the gas, it kinda sounds like the car is not getting enough gas. I did put the little gas filter and spring in the right way back into the hard gas line, so if anyone knows of anything that would help me i would appreciate it thank you!!

Check the fuel filter. Check that the hard line is not leaking. Remove the air cleaner, start car and tap on the fuel bowl with the end of a screw driver and see if it straightens out. Could have a stuck float when you drained the carb of fuel.

Back