You can type here any text you want

Does ARP make bolts for the main caps?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn231

Money pit
Getting ready to put motor together and noticed that stock bolts were a little rounded on the heads so thinking of getting new bolts so would ARP or just buy new stocks ones work only have seen the stub kits for ARP anyone?

I would look at stock replacement or ARP BLOTS!!! If you go with studs there is the possibility of alignment issues due to the way the studs load the block being different (slightly I know) than the bolts. When it comes to the bottom end the less you mess with it on a stock-near stock setup the better. Just my opinion. Jon Hanson

I would look at stock replacement or ARP BLOTS!!! If you go with studs there is the possibility of alignment issues due to the way the studs load the block being different (slightly I know) than the bolts. When it comes to the bottom end the less you mess with it on a stock-near stock setup the better. Just my opinion. Jon Hanson

This is true.

stock block with the works:D

8c10re2.jpg

aline-bore the main cap will all component fitted and torque to spec at room temp.

98ac.jpg

8b8b.jpg

89edre2.jpg

don`t forget to de-burr the interior of the block and lifter valley. It help with oil flow back to the pan and remove rise and casting line (help prevent cracks if KR should happen).

Back