You can type here any text you want

Does this look normal and motor mounts question.......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trixdout

Picture 004.jpgPicture 005.jpgPicture 006.jpgPicture 007.jpg So I found this grinded out section in the bottom, slightly to the right and below the drain plug for the engine coolant. See attached pictures. I can actually feel a hole inside the gap where one of the oil pan bolts go in. I may not be explaining this right.

Basically, is this normal for a stock block? Or did someone do some unnecessary surgery?

Secondly, I'm trying to install the hr poly motor mounts. Can I lift the engine a tad bit on the pass. side when doing the pass. side mount and respectively for other side?

I had to chuckle a little on this one. That section that is ground out is where the dip stick tube goes into the hole in that section!!!

I had to chuckle a little on this one. That section that is ground out is where the dip stick tube goes into the hole in that section!!!
Any idea on how to spread the mount out a bit so the main bolt slides through because the holes do not align.

The mounts should fit fine...make sure you have them on the correct side...they
are Right and Left specific...

I wasn't refering to the mount. I was talking about the milled out section. There's a hole there where the dipstick tube slides down into.

I wasn't refering to the mount. I was talking about the milled out section. There's a hole there where the dipstick tube slides down into.

I know what you refered to, but i got them in. thank God!. Pictures in the next post.

The first thumbnail is the driver's side and the second is the passenger side. Holy crap the passenger side was a b***h, due to the fact that the mount was not widened enough to fit around the crossmember's female portion of the mount, so I widened it a bit and put it back in and went smoothly afterwards.

Picture 008.jpgPicture 009.jpg

P.S. - Maybe I can now get some clearance for the 2inch tall valve covers from the a/c heat shield.

Does the engine sit higher now? Any extra vibrations with the new mounts?

Well I have yet to start her up and drive her a bit, doing some late spring cleaning and upgrades. I'm pretty sure the engine will sit higher because when I compared the new to the old the hr mounts were bigger by about 1/4"-3/8".

So Im curious, Did you get the OIL DIPSTICK in???? it's missing from that third picture. Yes the passangerside motor mount can be a bitch.

So Im curious, Did you get the OIL DIPSTICK in???? it's missing from that third picture. Yes the passangerside motor mount can be a bitch.
Since I work second shift, I don't get to do much work during the week (mostly running errands for my bro [im the godfather for his daughter]). Weekends is my only time. This weekend I'm planning on putting in the oil dipstick first and foremost lol, the exhaust, reassemble the hot and cold line of the ic and put in the intake and try and start her up if i get far enough.

What happend to that side of the block? Did a rod try to escape in the past? That looks like a nice new oil pan. Hmmmmmm

What happend to that side of the block? Did a rod try to escape in the past? That looks like a nice new oil pan. Hmmmmmm

I'm assuming the oil pan was changed because the gasket was a new blue fel-pro one. I don't think they made those back in 1987. The guy who previously owned the beast was 75 years old and he had it from 500 miles. He didn't do much work on the car. Guy who flipped the car must have done work to it in order to just get some more money out of it. Car was leaking form the valve covers a lot but he didn't really touch them.

Back