You can type here any text you want

Does this sound right? Think car is starving for fuel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

l3lue

I did my brakes on my 87GN and now the car is sputtering and idling real rough - BLM's are at 150, I put a new fuel filter in it a month ago. The fuel pump seems pretty loud (think its a stock pump?) Do you think the sock on the fuel pump could be clogged? I am going to install a fuel pressure gauge and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator and I also have a new turbo tweak chip to put in it, it is all stock now. The car will sputter at first from taking off then it seems once it gets some gas it'll drive, it will barely idle.

Am i on the right track with this ?

Fuel pressure gauge is a huge must. Without it at this point you're only guessing and throwing parts at it.

I suggest reading a lot on vortexbuicks and gnttype, look for the basics in tuning.

If the fuel pump is almost 30 years old I would be thinking about a upgrade. Nothing worse that boost going up and fuel pressure going down.

Am i on the right track with this ?
stop driving the car,replace the stock fuel pump,test the volts going to the pump,get a fuel pressure gauge verify 1to1 fp to boost rise,replace the spark plugs.after that try a new maf and see if the car runs better.

Back