dogs and antifreeze don't mix

Things Are Looken Good! I Did Pray For Ur Dog. Its Nice To See Someone Care For Their Pet Like You Do. Some Just Tie Them Up And Keep Them Outside Till They Die. I Think Those Owners Should Be Tied Up And Kept Outside Till They Die! Hope Things Work Out For You.

miracle mutt????

Well here's the latest: went back yesterday morning for MORE blood work and to pump som emore fluids in him. Without reciting all the medical mumbo-jumbo that I didn't totally absorb: his creatin and b.u.n. have come levels have come down slightly: he's still not out of the woods by any stretch but this has to be a positive sign. Everybody at the clinic is scratching thier heads: they have never seen a dog survive this kind of incident. Instead of burying him I'm arguing with him to make room on the couch..............

2 weeks ago tonight since this happened. Got the results back from some more detailed blood tests, and his creatin (sp?) levels are even lower than they thought. Still not out of the woods by any means, but he is slowly doing better much to everyone's pleasant surprise.

About 5 years ago, one of our dogs suffered a similar ordeal. We don't think it was anti-freeze that caused it but your situation appears very much the same. The vet diagnosed our dog with renal failure likely caused by ingesting some toxin and gave us notice that he probably wouldn't survive. My wife never gave up and pushed the vet to do whatever he could and keep the IV in him. I'm very familiar with following BUN and creatnine levels. I compiled and plotted the levels for all the tests to illustrate the improvement to the vet. This gave us all hope.

5 years later, "Chase" is doing fine and leads a pretty normal dog's life. He's on a special diet though but all things being equal, were pretty happy he's still around.

If you need any additional information or advice, please PM me.

Good luck to you and your pooch!

Man, I hope you little guy does OK, I know how attached you can become to them. Ours is our little daughter.

432760682JdVNAu_ph.jpg

went back for another round of blood tests over the weekend; creatnin levels are about 1/2 of where they started and his b.u.n. levels are almost down to "normal/acceptable" range. Even the vets are encouraged.

Sweet!!!!!! sounds like a good Thanksgiving for y'all!! :biggrin: :biggrin: