Door Pull Straps

H

Heisenberg

Found a bunch of these this week at the boneyard.

Now - they are slightly longer, so the holes are in the wrong place - but that is called a drilll and a cut off wheel.
The key is that they look very similar in the vinyl texture, the vinyl extends to the same length as the stockers, and are the same width and thickness
You might have to fiddle a bit to jam it into the escutcheons.

And - they do have a slightly different profile - more of a "U" than a "C" but it is not all that noticeable.
And it sorta grows on me.

I have found a bunch of gawd aweful dark blue and red, but some grey as well.
Again, dye - or spray paint in a pinch.
I want some black ones for some of my cars - and black is always an easy color to dye.
Especially over the dark blue

Candidates are Mid-80's LeSabres mostly, and some other Old / Buick products.
And like GN did with the corporate parts bin - they use them on seat back pulls as well as doors.
So plenty to have.

Attachments

• MISC 234567 020.JPG
    MISC 234567 020.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 351
  • MISC 234567 021.JPG
    MISC 234567 021.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 330
  • MISC 234567 022.JPG
    MISC 234567 022.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 341
  • MISC 234567 023.JPG
    MISC 234567 023.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 316
  • MISC 234567 024.JPG
    MISC 234567 024.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:
Heisen, Do you go to the pullapart on the south side? I texted you but maybe you are one of them old fellers that don't text :oldman: Im planning a trip but not gonna waste my time if I know your hoardin butt has been there :p

Heisen, Do you go to the pullapart on the south side? I texted you but maybe you are one of them old fellers that don't text :oldman: Im planning a trip but not gonna waste my time if I know your hoardin butt has been there :p

Did you say "hoarding a$$" or "whoreding a$$?
I'm not sure which one better applies to me though.
I like the ring of both to be honest.

Text?
What is a text?
I'm sorry - please allow me to remove my tri focals to see what my iPhone is saying ;)

Really - I wouldn't waste a trip to any of the junkyards on my side of town.
They are all picked clean.
There is nothing left. Nothing at all. Just gravel and a shadow of myself.
Nothing to see here - please move along now. :D

Yes - go to that one that is part way between Macon and The Everglades.
Right off Route 1A
You know the one - I'm sure.
You can't miss it - and if you do - I apologize.

Why don't we just make it simple and you tell me what you want, I will see if I have it in my warehouse; aka spare bedrooms, and for a small handling fee, plus environmental fee, plus core charge fee; plus PayPal fees, plus shipping fee, I will sell it to you at my cost?
Deal? That's what Buick brothers are for - I know.

What's next - you going to ask me where I pick up girls at too? :D

Attachments

• images (13).jpg
    images (13).jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 246
  • MY NEW IPHONE - 4jpg.jpg
    MY NEW IPHONE - 4jpg.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 317
But what about those pull straps?
Pretty cool eh?

I'm gonna put some on the side of my GN for when I get elected President, and we use a GN instead of "The Beast" as the Presidential limousine, so the Secret Service agents can have something to hold onto.

Be sure to Vote for WW in 2016.
Even though I know you had your heart set on Hillary.
Think of the children.

Yeah that is cool never even thought of it, I got some drums for 75 bucks shipped...sooo happy new year to me :)

Did you move yet? I need you out of my area so I can loot some damn parts lol

Yeah that is cool never even thought of it, I got some drums for 75 bucks shipped...sooo happy new year to me :)

Yeah, yeah.
I saw that you scarfed up those drums for 25 bucks less than I just paid two days ago.
Are you happy now?
You would be hell on Jeopardy! With that buzzer beating mouse of yours! Except you would have to answer an occasional question correctly - although Wolf Blitzer couldn't so what the hell! ;)
Tim now owes me a refund I think!
Although, mine are nicely turned - so there! :D

Not yet.
Still looking.
There is delusion in the housing market in Florida like everywhere else.
I have to find just the right place.
One that that is pet and car friendly, that accepts one Jacka$$, (that's me), and many black cars.
And has the privacy of Ft Knox.

What parts are you looking for?
Or are you like me - you'll know it when you see it? :D

I got to thinking about that - and to tell you the truth - I do feel bad for scarfing up all of those parts.
There is no sense in me being greedy, as there is plenty for everyone.

So, in the interest of fairness, and good BuickMotorSportsmanship, I will extend to you a one day only offer for the following part - at my cost.
25 bucks - I accept Paypal, Bitcoins, MARTA BreezeCards, Food Stamps, or Chuck E Cheese Tokens
If by the way, you have any of them other than PayPal, or Bitcoins - please lose my number.

Act now - for this is a limited time offer and it won't last long.
Sorry - due to the limited quantities available - this offer is for ONE per Customer. :D

Attachments

• YOUR PART.jpg
    YOUR PART.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 220
Lol that's my bad I thought he was talking about you lol...

Heisen, we have family in Ocala...I like that area. They even have a pumpkin run there in October. Good luck on your search.

Lol that's my bad I thought he was talking about you lol...

Heisen, we have family in Ocala...I like that area. They even have a pumpkin run there in October. Good luck on your search.

Ocala - very very nice - Land of the Sun
But all the women are too "horsey" for my tastes. (Although, I might think about it with the horsegirl in Pic #4)
Well, actually - they are horses I think!
Land gets pricey.
And too far from Orlando Intl Airport.
In my spare time, I still have to save the planet you know.

I prefer those Pumpkin Slingshots / Catapults.
Those are the bomb!

Attachments

• OCALA GIRL - 1.jpg
    OCALA GIRL - 1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 279
  • OCALA GIRL - 2.jpg
    OCALA GIRL - 2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 311
  • OCALA GIRL - 3.jpg
    OCALA GIRL - 3.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 301
  • OCALA GIRL - 4.jpg
    OCALA GIRL - 4.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 291
Stop right there scooter my wife is from there lol I got the only one that wasn't horsey lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Isn't it weird that every other g body door pullstrap is more robust and sturdier then the ones in GN's. I have went to many yards and cars that were completely worn out still had sturdy pullstraps. No signs of loose screws or worm arm rests. My daughter got me the nut setter kit a couple of years ago to fix the sheet metal screw in the thin sheet metal problem.