You can type here any text you want

DOT drag radial for GNX wheel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hottrawd

Any suggestions for a good drag radial that fit the 16 inch gnx wheel without rolling my fender?

BFG Drag Radial 255/50/16

Had then on my car since 95...like then much better than slicks...especially for the street

Do a search on here & you'll find that most everyone feels that the "BEST" DR is the Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials...They come in 255/50/16...If you want a "GOOD" DR & need more than 5,000 miles out of them, I'd go with Nitto's 245/50/16's. I personally use the Mickey Thompsons & they are awseome!!! I'm on my second set...first set lasted me approx. 5,000 miles....:cool:

275 55 16's M&H's...

Claude ;)

I agree! Got a 1.73 60' last time out using the T-brake, a guy with an older GS (also runs high 11's) I know of uses slicks and usually gets mid 1.5's but recently on this track, the best he has gotten is a 1.69, I'm very happy with their performance. With the drag radials, alky and electric cut-out, the only prep for the car once at the track is to lower the tire pressure:D

did you roll your fender lip?

Yes, the fender lip is rolled, but it's been like that for years so I could use 10.5x28.5 slicks at the track...but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be necessary for the drag radials as I have ample clearance both at the wheel lip and the frame too.

Claude :smile:

FWIW, I have the M&H's mounted on regular GTA fronts (16x8) with no rolled lip. On the street I run a 3/8" spacer to push the tire further out into the GNX flare and have never had the DRs rub on the street. This last time back from the track when I pulled off the wheels to put the spacers back on, there was a small area of paint rubbed off on the frame from the tire, but nothing too bad and it was only on the drivers side.

Back