You can type here any text you want

downpipe and header questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grocerygetter

I konw I'm asking a bunch of questions...but that's what we're here for right?
Yes I've searched.
What about the 3"MPE downipe vs the 3" TH downpipe? The MPE is a little cheaper...looks like a little easier install...plus you can get them coated for the price listed on Gbody from what I understand...look like a really good deal.
Other question, I noticed everyone saying that the Hooker headers could actually kill stock or nearly stock cars...like mine. What about the KB headers? Same story? I'd like to know before I buy a set used from someone...maybe the ATR driver's side and crossover pipe would be a better choice?

to answer your questions.

buy what ever is cheaper, neither will give you an advantage over the other.

yes KB headers will not help you in the least bit. untill your making say over 500hp at the wheels just keep your stockers or get them repaird.

i would say no to the headers too, the money is better spent somewhere else

and all the products from MPE are real nice quality, Kieth does real nice work, i've seen alot of the cars he's put together, everything is top notch

well I ordered the TH top snub part of their dp. 3.5" is the only one we could find...I've got a local shop that I will have do the exhaust work the rest of the way out of the car. It was cheaper this way by far. We'll taper it to 3" under the car and go to a Magnaflow. That should take care of anything I ever need with this car.
Now, I guess I'm just going to repair the driver's side header on my car. I may go ahead and get the headers and hang on to them...we'll see. I'll look at the mani when it's off...if it's too far gone I'll order the ATR mani (driver's side). I'm ordering the crossover pipe from John's Performance I think...mine is dented a little.
With the money I save here I can go with some Lucas 009s and a chip.

Back