downpipe has me in a bend !?!?!?!?!

civicsmasher3.8

smokin' more than tires
i made a big mistake i bought some headers off of ebay that were stainless steel put them on my car im not all that happy with the fitment but it works, the problem is im getting tired of getting my car towed from exhaust shop to exhaust shop becuase noone can bend me a down pipe the ******* that sold me the headers never said id need a new down pipe. im so broke right now its scary im a flat rate tech and the shop is empty but anyway if anyone has ANY help advice anything parts for sale i need a down pipe that is mandrel bent that DOES NOT HAVE AN EXTERNAL WASTEGATE ! ! ! ! ! ive been looking at all the aftermarket headers and they all seam to be very sim so im hoping another after market down pipe might do the trick because replacing the headers isnt an option unless they are free lol. anyway my phone is 330 284 5769 my name is carl and my yahoo is buick3.8gnx@yahoo.com im off all weekend so i can take a phone call ANYTIME i dont care if its 4 am in the morning if its going to help me get my baby back together i dont care.

Somebody on the other board also bought those cheap ebay headers and had all kinds of fitting problems with them. If it was me they would already be on there way back!! Stock headers are fine!

Your stock exhaust manifolds are good to the 10's. IF you buy some aftermarket parts for these cars ALWAYS buy from one of the vendors listed at the bottom of the boards. They research and try all of their products to see if they work and if you do have problems they will usually take care of it to the best of their ability. You cant shop at Jegs or Summit or Ebay for products that are unique to our cars and not expect some issues sometimes.:redface:

I always pay the extra $$ buying from our vendors and I know that I will be getting what I am paying for. Listen to Turbojd and send those suckers back and get something that will cause you less headaches.

Not trying to lecture you...just letting you know what your options are.

Civic,

Here's what I recommend;

If you have your stock headers- replace them NOW! If not, reinstall the stock DP and run the car like that until you get the funds together to replace the creepbay headers.

Good luck!

stock ones cracked a few places, i bought them for a replacment not nec an upgrade. the guy i bought them from said he would return if unmounted.... haha hes gay (kinda hard to know if they fit if u dont mount them) im prolly going to have to buy a whole new set up but im stil going to try to get a down pipe bent so im not out what i already spent. thanks

You can get the stockers welded up, the downpipe might not be the only modification you need done, better check and see the fit where the crossover pipe connects and make sure the flywheel is not in the way.

His problem is that he needs a downpipe for ATR type headers. They are available from Gbodyparts I believe.

Have you replaced your motor mount? A friend here in TX bought some of those headers. It was hitting his control arm. I told him to replace his motor mounts, and he was fine after that.

an alternative is to look on ebay for all those cheap stainless downpipes for imports. some are 2.5/3 inch. I've seen some as low as $25. Buy 2 or 3 with required bends in them. Chop, mock up and get it welded.