You can type here any text you want

downpipes....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84GNwith87eng

Ok...for a te44/ta49 turbo and a fairly stock block, w/ 30# lucas injectors...will a non-expensive 3" downpipe like a kirban dp be suitable? Looking for mid-high 11's in the future, everyone says go THDP, but right now the kirban model is best in my price range

don't tell me you have to spend money to go really fast. will the kirban dp cut it?

I think the Kirban DP is fine, only thing is that it still uses the stock elbow. Other DPs replace the elbow joint and might be machined with a bit bigger of an opening. If Kirban's is in your price range now, get it. If it doesn't serve you well in the future when you're trying to hit 11s, replace it.

I thought it eliminated the stock elbow? What is the next step up from this dp then to eliminate the restrictive elbow?

Any DPs I saw that didn't use the stock elbow basically doubled in price. You'll be in the $300+ range for those.

I'm the kind of person who likes to spend money once and only once. I went with the 3 1/2 inch THDP, purchased it from mike at full throttle. I agree, if you really want to make a difference you should go with a downpipe that eliminates the elbow. If you are really capped for money you could go with a dp that uses the stock elbow, but if you use the stock elbow, I highly reccomend porting it. Porting the elbow is very easy to do and anyone can do it. Check out the link below.

http://gnttype.org/techarea/turbo/turboport.html :D

Let me know if you ahve any other questions, glad to help out people in the Buick community, we are so samll. :biggrin:

i would say just look aroudn for a used dp...I got my ATR from a guy intown

Back