You can type here any text you want

drag race-front tire height question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AN/GSC-52

Question is with a 28" rear tire, what front tire height should I get?
25? 26? 27? 28?

Car is rarely street driven and goes to the track 6 times a year, runs 11.5@ 120.

Currently if I measure what's on it it's 27" rear, and 24" front, I assume that's 28/25 unloaded.
I like the high speed stability this angle gives me but think less angle will help with weight transfer??
Your opinions are appreciated.

thanks
Dan

a taller tire will give less rolling resistance and allows you to stage deeper into the lights to essentially make the track a couple of inches shorter.
putting a 2" taller tire on it and dropping the front of the car an inch will put the body of the car where it is right now.

a taller tire will give less rolling resistance and allows you to stage deeper into the lights to essentially make the track a couple of inches shorter.
putting a 2" taller tire on it and dropping the front of the car an inch will put the body of the car where it is right now.

ive never liked the raked look i have 275/60's on the back 28 inch tall i put 205/75/15's on the front an the car sits level kumho's on the front both pics in sig have same size as stated above

ive never liked the raked look i have 275/60's on the back 28 inch tall i put 205/75/15's on the front an the car sits level kumho's on the front both pics in sig have same size as stated above
a lower front end is better for the aero, which means a little more speed and stability thru the traps.

I guess I will just need a lil more hp .. I hate the raked look I could only manage a 10.97 blowing thruh the converter all the way stock long block

I guess I will just need a lil more hp .. I hate the raked look I could only manage a 10.97 blowing thruh the converter all the way stock long block
Maybe, fix the converter problem before worrying about HP???

Went to a non lock up converter ... Found abt 100 hp with junk laying around the shop . Now I need acouple billet trans parts an a drive shaft

FYI M/T 28x9 slicks are 27.2 inches tall. I ran a 26" tall front and it looked good.

The only pic I could find.

Attachments

• 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 122
Back