You can type here any text you want

Drag racing in Connecticut

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Greetings all,

Attached is a update on the 100' drags for next year , for those you are interested.

I ran every race last year (except 2) . and it is great fun.

Please check it out .
"http://100footdrags.com/default.aspx"

?????? 100 feet? Is this for gas savings? or is it some kooky politician making some law against drag racing?

Lol... no its real. Really short, but real. I have yet to go. Gonna make a pass thru there in the spring to check it out tho. Im sure its mostly 15 second Hondas so I guess that works for them:rolleyes: Actually I have heard of some fast cars going thru there. I just hope there is enought room to stop.

Yes, 100' . I ran the program last year . It is great fun. I was one the the quicker car's there.

But before you knock it you should try it.

Brett I look forward to meeting you.

Yes, 100' . I ran the program last year . It is great fun. I was one the the quicker car's there.

But before you knock it you should try it.

Brett I look forward to meeting you.
I'm actually looking foward to checking it out. Basically it's a holeshot race not a drag race which I guess could be fun and certainly less abuse on my car:).

I was checking out the website and it looks as tho there was a guy who drops his arms to go like in Pinks and then I saw a tree light? Which do they use?

I did notice that they stated they were NOT allowed to prep the track with anything because other events occur at the track as well and it's not dedicated to a holeshot race. I kinda like that actually. More like a true street race on the street. Sure, some street races are street prepped but just as many arent.

So I guess traction is everything at 100 feet. What is a fast run there? I see cars runnen 1.90 or faster have to have atleast a 4 pt bar. How many cars there run that fast or faster?

I'm actually looking foward to checking it out. Basically it's a holeshot race not a drag race which I guess could be fun and certainly less abuse on my car:).

I was checking out the website and it looks as tho there was a guy who drops his arms to go like in Pinks and then I saw a tree light? Which do they use?

I did notice that they stated they were NOT allowed to prep the track with anything because other events occur at the track as well and it's not dedicated to a holeshot race. I kinda like that actually. More like a true street race on the street. Sure, some street races are street prepped but just as many arent.

So I guess traction is everything at 100 feet. What is a fast run there? I see cars runnen 1.90 or faster have to have atleast a 4 pt bar. How many cars there run that fast or faster?

Hi Brett,

Since we will have the track for the Friday nights, with NO stock cars. We will be using a tree. The main reason last year that “JAY” was being a flagman, because of the constraints of time. We had no time to setup the tree. There will be time slips with MPH and you will be running a dailin, unless you run in the heads up class.

Yes, I look at it as a LEGAL street racing on a circle track. I believe that once you try it you will be hooked.Also they will NOT prep the track because of the stock car’s, It will mess up their setups.

I plan on going to the meeting on the 12th of Jan. to get more info and give input.

Well, I look forward to meeting you.

P.S., What is a big plus for me is that it is only 25 minutes away, VS a 2.5 + hour ride to any other track.

Hi Brett,

Since we will have the track for the Friday nights, with NO stock cars. We will be using a tree. The main reason last year that “JAY” was being a flagman, because of the constraints of time. We had no time to setup the tree. There will be time slips with MPH and you will be running a dailin, unless you run in the heads up class.

Yes, I look at it as a LEGAL street racing on a circle track. I believe that once you try it you will be hooked.Also they will NOT prep the track because of the stock car’s, It will mess up their setups.

I plan on going to the meeting on the 12th of Jan. to get more info and give input.

Well, I look forward to meeting you.

P.S., What is a big plus for me is that it is only 25 minutes away, VS a 2.5 + hour ride to any other track.
Yea, 2.0 hrs. in any direction for me as well.:mad:

Report back after the meeting. Thanx

Tomorrow is opening day , Free admission .

"http://100footdrags.com/default.aspx"

"http://www.speedbowl.com/"

I will be there.

Back