You can type here any text you want

Drag radials or regular radials?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
My car is stock but the tires are old, cracked and vibrate at high speeds. Also, when you get on it and it shifts gears, the rear tires break loose and the back of the car kicks pretty far to the side.

I put an order in for a new set of BFG Radial T/A's at BJ's with a $60 coupon. It is a good deal but now I'm thinking should I just get Drag Radials for the back? As I said my car is stock and it doesn't come out too much. I plan on doing mods to make it quicker soon. But it probably won't see any track time, just street driving.

Now I don't know what to do? Will the regular radials have enough traction or should I just get the drag radials? :confused:

New regular radials are going to be alot better than old anything else on there. Even when my car was very stock it would still spin fresh street tires pretty readily. If it's going to stay mostly stock and primarily street driven I'd probably stick with standard radials, you may find your car hooks well enough with them.

really, IMO...no matter what tire you have the rear will still come around...the problem is more so in the suspension if you are 'stock'. Keep radials on it and put a big rear sway on it...bolt in stock location like what FullThrottle sells (old atr set up 1 3/8 bar). If you spin then, you are going straight.

I have a brand new set of BFG drag radials- 275x60x15 for $300. delivered to you. if you let me know soon cause im up at my shop in the poconos and will be returning to nyc tomorrow when i can bring them back with me.matt 347 680 8642.

I think I'm just going to go with the regular BFG radials. Even though I didn't get them installed yet I had to pay when I ordered them. It's a decent deal. If it doesn't work out I can always put them on my Monte SS. No traction problems there! Thanks for all the info everyone.

my .02

I had the BFG drag radials on my stock rims. They did not hook much better than the regular BFG radials. With the soft tire, you can't hear them when they break loose, and they only lasted me about 5K miles. Not worth the extra cost...
Since then, I had the back rims widened and put the 235/60's on. Much better and good traction.

Back