Drive line opinions and info welcome

BigDuke6

After spending quite a bit of money on as much lightweight rotating Parts I could buy, I have a dilemma. Towards the end of the summer I hurt my 200, and this next year the car will be seeing a lot more track time so..... I decided to go 400 over the winter. I have a really nice next to New aluminum Driveline I purchased Last Summer, and I don't know if I want to take the inch out of it If i have to do to run the 400? Try to sell the damn thing and buy a new one? Or since the car will now be leaving off of the trans brake if I should stay away from the aluminum all together and have a chromoly one built. Any knowledge from the Wizards would be appreciated.

Are you 100% sure that you have to cut an inch out? If so I would check and see if you have a shop local that can cut and rebalance the driveshaft. I used to purchase the used ones from NASCAR teams for $50 and get them cut down to size for gear vendor setups. I had $125 total in a top notch driveshaft. Selling it and buying another isnt really worth the time and effort unless it's your most viable option. The aluminum one should be able to handle all that your 109 can dish out.

The 400 is longer. It might very well be cheaper to sell the aluminum driveshaft. If you plan on trans brake launches I would go steel. You'll also want the big yokes etc. Don't forget you'll need a torque converter too.

The converter will be a PTC and I already have the yoke. Waiting for the trans to show up from Rossler so I can install it and get a true measurement. Just going off of what I've read on the amount of material you may or may not need to take out of the Driveline. Never been overly happy with the B&M megashifter that I used with my 200, and I know I could change the gate in it but, I ended up buying a TCI Outlaw blackout. I had the chance to drive 1 in a 2010 SS Camaro with a 400 in it that my buddy owns and I liked it quite a bit. Thanks for the responses. I'll update the thread is things come along.

The converter will be a PTC and I already have the yoke. Waiting for the trans to show up from Rossler so I can install it and get a true measurement. Just going off of what I've read on the amount of material you may or may not need to take out of the Driveline. Never been overly happy with the B&M megashifter that I used with my 200, and I know I could change the gate in it but, I ended up buying a TCI Outlaw blackout. I had the chance to drive 1 in a 2010 SS Camaro with a 400 in it that my buddy owns and I liked it quite a bit. Thanks for the responses. I'll update the thread is things come along.
Inmo Lose the aluminum driveshaft

I might be interested in buying it if u sell it . I am runing a stock shaft that was shortened to fit with my th400 . I have no issue cutting it and welding it back up :)

I might be interested in buying it if u sell it . I am runing a stock shaft that was shortened to fit with my th400 . I have no issue cutting it and welding it back up :)
Ya know the stock driveshaft was the only thing that didn't break on the driveline come to think about it.but it's just not worth replacing it when your upgrading things and not worth the risk inmo

I wouldn't trust it with trans brake launches. We all know the weakest link will fail.

I appreciate the input fellas. It's a three and a half inch unit that I bought from kirban by a company in New Jersey. I think I'm going to contact " the driveshaft shop" and have a chromoly one built. Good thing I kept the tube this thing was shipped in LOL as I'm sure it will not sell locally.