You can type here any text you want

drive shaft loop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Who has a drive shaft loop in their car? Where did you get yours?

I am wanting one in my car for piece of mind....I had a drive shaft u joint snap a while ago on my 4x4 truck and almost rolled me....I was doing 50mph.

120mph would not be good.

Oh, and what about u joints?

Bo

With the SP400 swap I´m installing a Spohn torque arm with loop. It´s a really cheap safety investment with a loop, and I think that everyone who races should have one installed. But that´s me.

Summit Racing universal bolted to the torque arm. Worked fine :)

Thanks guys, BTW, do we have the aluminum drive shafts in our TTA's?? I cant remember if we do or not.

Thanks
Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Thanks guys, BTW, do we have the aluminum drive shafts in our TTA's?? I cant remember if we do or not.

Thanks
Bo

No, its not aluminum.

Ofcourse, but I don´t see the point. If You´re chasing 1/1000, sure. Otherwise I´d recommend Cr-Mo which is much cheaper. The weight differences aren´t huge, I´ve got both a Cr-Mo and one aluminum at the moment.

Where do you get the cr-mo at? I am trying to shave a few lb's of rotating mass.

Originally posted by turbojenni
would a 4th gen one fit? they are aluminum

The ones for 88-89 GTA´s are also aluminum. As for 4th gen, they do have the same part number at Spohn. But I don´t know if the length really are the same. :confused:

Back