You can type here any text you want

Driver Side Valve Cover

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Jas89TTA said:
When I was looking for a pair of LH covers I went to http://car-part.com/ and looked for one from a 85-88 Buick Somerset with the 3.0. I ened up getting them from a junk yard in TN and paid about $40 with shipping for both. I do have a RH cover if you need it I can send you. HTH.Jason

Thanks, but i think I'm good for now...

I ended up getting two of the front side (FWD buick) valve covers at a local junk yard for $10 each :wink: They are very close and seem to work fine but I will continue to look for an exact duplicate of the TTA driverside for the passenger side as well. I'll post some pic's later this weekend.

The hole in the end was easily pluged with a 1" dia. piece of aluminum rod that I turned down ona lathe to 3/4" with a 1" shoulder. Just pushed it into the grommet and works great. If I decide to keep them I will get them welded up and just grind them down flush so you will never know they had a hole in them.

I think I figured out where the extra washer goes (it was not a 7th washer after all). On the drivers side there is a bracket that attatched to the fuel lines and has kind of a washer with a bent up tab on it...we didn't put a washer under it :redface:

Thank's
Scott

Got the valve cover today... sure is.. the last nos one in the country! No luck on the passenger side. Was hoping for a set! I can see why they looked like a$$ so fast. It's like raw metal. There is nothing on these to protect them. These things just look at grease and it sticks right to it! When I opened it up smelled like I opened something from 1989. I'll save it for my TTA museum! :cool:

NOSTTAcover1.jpg

NOSTTAcover4.jpg

NOSTTAcover5.jpg

Back