You can type here any text you want

driveshaft question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GMV6TURBOPOWER

i have a 88 ta parts car it's a 305 tpi 700r4 with a 10 bolt. my question is will the aluminum driveshaft out of this car fit the tta i know the yoke is the same but is the length ? i know the easy way to find out is compare them but i have no reason to yank the driveshaft and the cars are a little buried in the corner in the corner of my shop.

Hi,
That car must have the 1LE upgrade, huh?If so, it has the oil cooler and the baffled fuel tank that I believe our cars lack.And the corvette brakes, of course. I think it also should have come with a 9 bolt, but I could be wrong on this. Info seems sketchy.

That car must have the 1LE upgrade, huh?

The alum driveshaft was quite common on Trans Am's and didnt require the 1LE option, 3 of my previous GTA's had it including the one in my sig. Not saying it couldnt be a 1LE but with only 4 made in 1988 I dont think he'd be parting it :)

Steve

1le

Hi,
I stand corrected, but my only other F3 is an '86 with 2.8 V6, which also has an steel shaft.I had read somewhere that aluminum shafts were part of the 1LE option, as was an aluminum rimmed temp spare, which I have also never before seen. Any itemized info on 1LE stuff would be very interesting to myself,and a service to the group.Anyone?

Back