You can type here any text you want

DRW/Alky V6. Leaning in the midrange with promising results.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
Barona on 04/05/08. Started leaning on the midrange which entails the first 50 feet of the launch. The results were very promising. It's time to dust off the wheelie bars and put them to good use. I'm definitely going to look into putting the nitrous and transbrake release on timers.

I know. I stayed in it longer than I should have. It felt like one of those amusement park rides.

http://www.drwtransmission.com/Videos/Vids2008/Barona 040508 short.wmv

:eek:

Need to change your avatar quote to "Sometimes looking sideways" :D

And EXCUSE ME!!!! Did the announcer really say "This is buick's idea of a sport compact....":mad:

Definately hear a difference in midrange rpm. Was that attributed to tire spin or alot more HP? The announcer did say "low 5's earlier in the day" :eek: Gotta get down to Barona soon!

Scott Wile

Have you tried travel limiters? I prefer them to wheelie bars but we can't run wheelie bars. I'm down to 1" of front end travel to keep the nose down but the car works great.

huntorsca.jpg

:eek:

You took the long way to the finish line. LOL

Making more power every trip to the track, that what it's all about.
Now to work on getting that new found power down to the track.
Great job Don, would love to see the car run in person one day.

Jim

When I can get a decent run in, I'll be able to judge how well the midrange is really doing. In spots I pulled out 40% of the E injector pw. That's how rich it was. And the reading is still just a tad bit rich. Within 2 to 5 percent. Not enough to hurt performance. The 40% of the electronic injectors pw is really a less percentage of the total fuel being fed by the electronic and mechanical constant flow injection nozzles combined.

The 5.3x run I did earlier in the day, I'm sure was a timer fluke. It was a clean run and felt real good, but a 0.9xx 60 foot is a little hard to swallow. Scott, you know about those mystery time slips. I think I just went so fast the timer freaked out!:D

Dusty. The limiters for the front suspension travel is a very good idea. I'll have to try that in the future.

Yeah, Jay the announcer said that compact stuff. Hmmm. I need to talk to him about that. Us Buick fellas can be a little sensitive about that.

Friday night was the first major import event for Barona. That's probably where that import comment from Jay came from. There were some imports still there on Saturday. A bunch of imports came down from the LA area to try the track out. From reports I've heard on some of the import BBs, they love the track. Some reported their best 60 foots and twice as many runs than they'd get at Irwindale. And no wands to get to the spectator stands.:cool:

I'm glad I packed spare undies that day.

When I can get a decent run in, I'll be able to judge how well the midrange is really doing. In spots I pulled out 40% of the E injector pw. That's how rich it was. And the reading is still just a tad bit rich. Within 2 to 5 percent. Not enough to hurt performance. The 40% of the electronic injectors pw is really a less percentage of the total fuel being fed by the electronic and mechanical constant flow injection nozzles combined.

The 5.3x run I did earlier in the day, I'm sure was a timer fluke. It was a clean run and felt real good, but a 0.9xx 60 foot is a little hard to swallow. Scott, you know about those mystery time slips. I think I just went so fast the timer freaked out!:D

Dusty. The limiters for the front suspension travel is a very good idea. I'll have to try that in the future.

Yeah, Jay the announcer said that compact stuff. Hmmm. I need to talk to him about that. Us Buick fellas can be a little sensitive about that.

Friday night was the first major import event for Barona. That's probably where that import comment from Jay came from. There were some imports still there on Saturday. A bunch of imports came down from the LA area to try the track out. From reports I've heard on some of the import BBs, they love the track. Some reported their best 60 foots and twice as many runs than they'd get at Irwindale. And no wands to get to the spectator stands.:cool:

I'm glad I packed spare undies that day.
all i can say is you are one sick puppy:biggrin:

Don,

Throw away the stock type sway bar.
I have a wolfe set up in the garage if you need it.
BTW that thing sounds wicked!!!

There's a bunch of vids at the bottom of the gnpage at my site.
DRW/Buick Grand National
They're of older tuneups. The car keeps coming around with every tuning change. More wild and crazy stuff to come! Hopefully not too crazy.

Thanks Don.

I just have to fiqure out how to make that launch sound into a ring tone... :wink:

can't wait to race with you Don, my car's almost done. we'll see how well the tranny lasts:biggrin: Irwindale is pretty crowded how's Barona?

sick runs Don, that looks like so much fun! They love you at the track!

XxDarkSidexX

can't wait to race with you Don, my car's almost done. we'll see how well the tranny lasts:biggrin: Irwindale is pretty crowded how's Barona?

sick runs Don, that looks like so much fun! They love you at the track!

XxDarkSidexX

The turn out at Barona is usually 50s to 80s cars on a typical race day. A racer's dream. It's like having the track all to yourself. I think I got in about 5 or 6 runs at the last test and tune. Excellent traction too. Team Garret has been renting the track to test their now twin turbo Mustang. They claim they've had their best 60 foots there. And they've been to a lot of tracks. Latest test runs of the car, I heard, looked real good.

Back