DS captured a backfire - anyone wanna look?

Tonight I removed the cable from the car and wrapped it in aluminum foil. I used paper clips to pull the foil tight against the cable. Then I took a small zip strip and cut it length-wise to about the size of a toothpick and put it in the plug so it won't bottom out in the ecm. Then I taped the cable along the back side of the ecm. I didn't get to road test tonight but I will tomorrow. I ran DS during startup a couple times and all seems good.
Thanks for all the great input on this guys, I really appreciate it!

Warp,

Just out of curiosity, could you post the serial number on the black box?

Thanks

Originally posted by hadav8
Warp,

Thanks
I'll do that tonight. Why do you want that info?

Originally posted by hadav8
Warp,

Thanks
version 1.5 Serial number 711

I took the car out this afternoon after everything I did yesterday. The car never hiccuped or anything. In fact, the part throttle stumble seemed to be gone, I don't know if it's coincidental. It might come back, it was much cooler today than the last time I drove it and had the bad stumble. I made about 4 or 5 recorded runs with no issues at all other than the engines state of tune (needs more fuel at WOT) Is it possible DS with poor grounding was somewhat responsible for some driveability issues?

It is more likely the connector being pushed in too far than the cable being unshielded(your really shielding it not grounding it). That connector pushed in too far will cause all kinds of driveability issues.

The unshielded cable usually just causes some intermitant issues at WOT like MAF dropouts and such. I can send you a DS file of what the unshielded cable will cause if you want.

Sully