Dual Fan

Tom Walker

Tommy2Tone
Bought this @the '06 Nats and I'd like to check on it's mfg. Only thing on the box is Allstar. #30067 Dual Electric Fan, 2 speed. Nothing on the fan itself. Can anyone tell me if this is comparable to the ones you guys are using?

Those are the same things Ramchargers used to sell. allstartperformance.com. Make sure you get the relay kit from Caspers. The one they sell is real hard on the fans and the stock wiring..

Jason

Those are the same things Ramchargers used to sell. allstartperformance.com. Make sure you get the relay kit from Caspers. The one they sell is real hard on the fans and the stock wiring..

Jason

I would make sure to get the Spal fans.

Found out it's sold by GBody Parts. Working w/ John now to get proper high/low adapter. Thanks for the info, everyone...

My "Ramchargers"/Valeo/Intrepid fans died this week.

The bearings went on one of the fans and it stopped the motor and melted it up pretty well:mad:

I had a feeling something bad was going to happen since the motors squeeked and vibrated the last few days, back to the stocker for me, maybe Spal in the future.

There is a reason Chrysler dumped them into the aftermarket, they don't last and yes, I always used the Caspers harness.

There is less than 7,000 miles on the car since I put the fans on last year.

The bearings went on one of the fans and it stopped the motor and melted it up pretty well:mad:

I had a feeling something bad was going to happen since the motors squeeked and vibrated the last few days, back to the stocker for me, maybe Spal in the future.

There is a reason Chrysler dumped them into the aftermarket, they don't last and yes, I always used the Caspers harness.

Similar occurence happened to me. One fan died, caused both 30amp fuses to blow, thus rendering the other fan useless. I bought 3 new motors from a guy on Ebay and installed one of them. So far so good. Cost of 3 motors shipped to my door.......$11. Maybe that tells you something.

I've had the same experience with two vehcles. When they died in my driver, I put the stock unit back in. My garage queen is still ok, just a matter of time. I always spin the fans by hand, now, before I take her for a spin. :frown: Oh, I too have bought those 3 fans from the guy on ebay,.

Similar occurence happened to me. One fan died, caused both 30amp fuses to blow, thus rendering the other fan useless. I bought 3 new motors from a guy on Ebay and installed one of them. So far so good. Cost of 3 motors shipped to my door.......$11. Maybe that tells you something.

Where did you find them? What did you search for? I would like to have one.

Same thing happened to me...which is why I switched to the Spal fans.:wink:

I use the dual fans off a 2000 pontiac grandam and they work great, have been using them for 4 years now with no problems, have big front mount intercooler from jack cotton along with factory air and on a 90 degree day with the a/c on the engine temp gets up between 180-185 degrees and no hotter, just purchase 2 L-shape brackets to mount on top where the orginal fan mounts and then 1 straight 4 inch bracket to secure to the bottom of the core support in the center and make sure you get a piece of wire harness from the grandam or alero to splice into your factory wiring, works great!!!!