You can type here any text you want

dual nozzle y fitting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaCemkr86

WFO Racing
Staff member
Is there any downside to running this NX Y fitting vrs the T fitting that comes with the dual nozzle kit?

Attachments

• IMG_2197.JPG
    IMG_2197.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_2198.JPG
    IMG_2198.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 384
With time the alcohol will rot it out. :redface:

The fitting is also anodized " should help with corrosion", but ill see if i can locate a stainless one..

thanks for the heads up Julio

screw it im putting the T fitting on that came with the kit to keep things simple

i really like the way that looks. goes well with the rest of the AN fitting. How long and quick would it take to rot out? as thick as the metal is im sure it would last awhile?

pace it also looks like your missing a zip tie? and maybe a clip for the accuator?

i have a year on my NX Y fitting. it is currently in like new condition. i will keep an eye on it and consider it a maintainence item if necessary.

On Cals car.. it clearly was eating away at the fitting. This is how I did my very first twin setup.. It starts eating away at the threads and moves into the fittings aluminum.

What can I say... what I would give for brass Y fittings ;)

pace it also looks like your missing a zip tie? and maybe a clip for the accuator?

the clip is on there... what zip tie am i missing ??

i put the T back on.. still looks good.. i'll post up a pic and tell me whatcha think

if the alky will rot out the fitting,what will it do to aluminum heads,or any other aluminum in the motor?............joel

updated pics

Attachments

• IMG_2213.JPG
    IMG_2213.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_2215.JPG
    IMG_2215.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 303
if the alky will rot out the fitting,what will it do to aluminum heads,or any other aluminum in the motor?............joel

If you take the heads off the motor, dont submerge them in methanol. They will rot.

Now if you spray methanol through a nozzle into the engine while its racing, then there can be zero corrossion as the methanol is fully consumed.

You can spray methanol through an aluminum throttle boddy for years and not one issue.

The issue with the Y fitting is that its in 100% contact 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

hey what can i say. bored over in the desert gave me lots of time to cruise the board and look at pictures. now i dont have much time to busy working on 2 buicks and trying to get mine ready for the new motor. but come to find out i damn near need ever body bushing for my car.

What can I say... what I would give for brass Y fittings ;)
How much would you give? I have a machinist friend looking for minor project work like this. What about a stainless one, would that be acceptable?

Back