Dude I met GN stuck at 13PSI

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
I ran into a guy at the race track the other night when I was racing the GTP. he had and 87 with a TE44, RA 107 chip, he couldnt tell me the injector size, FMIC. He was running 15's. he said his Fp was 38PSI but that was with the line on and he didnt know what I meant when I asked him if it was static. He borrowed the turbo off another guys GN with the WG actuator and he said it would make 20+ PSI on the other car. he had a SM on the dash and I asked what his O2's were at WOT and he said they were around 750. I asked if he had any exhaust leaks and he said he had just gotten the DS header welded. He didnt know about the buick boards and Im trying to see if anyone has any ideas on why this thing wont spool the turbo. I suggested he pull the hip and see if it has a fuel pressure setting on it and then to adjust his FP to that. he also said he was thinking of replacing the VS as they were stock but I dont see how that would keep the turbo from making more than 13 psi. Any suggestions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Im trying to help out a fellow Buick owner.
BTW, stock heads, it hass a cam but he didnt know the specs.

I ran into a guy at the race track the other night when I was racing the GTP. he had and 87 with a TE44, RA 107 chip, he couldnt tell me the injector size, FMIC. He was running 15's. he said his Fp was 38PSI but that was with the line on and he didnt know what I meant when I asked him if it was static. He borrowed the turbo off another guys GN with the WG actuator and he said it would make 20+ PSI on the other car. he had a SM on the dash and I asked what his O2's were at WOT and he said they were around 750. I asked if he had any exhaust leaks and he said he had just gotten the DS header welded. He didnt know about the buick boards and Im trying to see if anyone has any ideas on why this thing wont spool the turbo. I suggested he pull the hip and see if it has a fuel pressure setting on it and then to adjust his FP to that. he also said he was thinking of replacing the VS as they were stock but I dont see how that would keep the turbo from making more than 13 psi. Any suggestions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Im trying to help out a fellow Buick owner.
BTW, stock heads, it hass a cam but he didnt know the specs.
sounds like the wastegate is not sealing. i had one ported for an thdp and i had a stock wastegate and the hole was bigger than the puck which kept me at 14 to 15 psi put a terry houston on and wella 25 psi as for the 750 o2 volts when you install a larger turbo you have to get the chip reburned for a bigger turbo because it flows more air and the duty cycle is way too low causing it to run lean

Bp

I would actually have to see the car or at least a picture. But I had a boost problem like that wound up being the WG wasn't bolted down properly.As a result the WG would move allowing the boost to creep out.Make sure that the WG is bolted down properly if that's not it check the CAT make sure it's not the original and not clogged or blocked in anyway. ;)

I would have to go with the top 2:

Either the WG hole on the turbo has been ported and the puck isn't sealing (have him take off the elbow and check the pattern) or the three bolt flange on the turbo or header is warped and not sealing.

If the leaks are fixed and it spools eventually, but then only makes 13 psi, the wastegate actuator hose is plumbed wrong or the orifice is missing.