You can type here any text you want

Dumb PCV install question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JimG

Guys,
I'm really embarassed to ask this question. Maybe I have been smoking :eek: too much, or just getting older and more stupid.
The said valve has one nipple slightly larger than the other. Which end goes into the intake manifold floor??
Once you have all stopped laughing,and can compose your self to type, please advice.
Thanks
Jim

the end with the check ball goes into intake... put one end in your mouth and suck on it, then blow down on it, if you get air when sucking and cant blow air through when blowing, the end thats in your mouth gets hooked up to the vac line

mike

I did that test,and came to the same conclusion so maybe i'm not so dumb :)
now just to somehow get that larger end into the grommet on the manifold floor.
I may have to increase the size of the opening in the grommet.
thanks
Jim

Have you tried lightly tapping the PCV into the grommet?

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how you can apply any leverage to the valve, once the grommet is installed. I can just kind of get the valve aligned over the grommet with only room for my fingers to hold in that position. There is no room to "tap" that I can find.
Please enlighten me!
thanks
Jim

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how you can apply any leverage to the valve, once the grommet is installed. I can just kind of get the valve aligned over the grommet with only room for my fingers to hold in that position. There is no room to "tap" that I can find.
Please enlighten me!
thanks
Jim

You might be able to insert a deep well socket over it with a long extension to help push it into the grommet.

Or you might be able to lube up the base of it with a little motor oil to help it slide in.

Yes, and when I changed the grommet, I had to enlargen the PCV valve hole in it with the drill bit. The reason was that the grommet was not original size(it was Mr Gasget or HELP! piece).

Works for me everytime! ;)

A little motor oil goes a long way. ;) Should slide in with just a little pressure. Is the grommet in good shape or getting old and brittle? That will make the job a little more difficult if it's used up.

To answer your question , the larger end goes into the intake.

A little motor oil goes a long way. ;) Should slide in with just a little pressure. Is the grommet in good shape or getting old and brittle? That will make the job a little more difficult if it's used up.

To answer your question , the larger end goes into the intake.

+1. a stupid question is a question not asked

Back