Duped by buickwe4 (Joel Y.)

Geoff87

Administrator
Staff member
I purchased a steering wheel from him in August of last year from this thread for $110 shipped.

PayPal was sent on August 16. A courtesy PM was sent to him for notification.

Just to make sure I sent him another PM, on August 16 asking him if the Steering wheel was leather. I didn't want it if it was not.

No reply was received.

On August 17, I sent him another PM, praising him on the impressive dyno numbers that he had posted on his website (He and I were running the same turbos at the time). His reply: "No, I just put the specs from precision's site down there. You're the second person that has asked, I may have to change that. The steering wheel went out today. You should have it in 2-3 days. "

Although he didn't answer my question about whether or not the wheel was leather or not, I mistakenly assumed it was.

A week or so later, the steering wheel arrived. As I was busy at work, I peeked in the box (to make sure that I received a steering wheel, and not an old pair of shoes or something), took it home and put it aside. I actually forgot about the steering wheel until about 1 week later. Upon closer inspection I notice that the wheel is NOT leather. :mad:

On August 30, I sent him the following PM:

Joel-

I am very disappointed with the steering wheel that I bought from you.

The steering wheel is probably off of a T-Type as advertised, but not a REGAL T-Type as I assumed.

I sent you a PM on August 16th asking if the wheel is leather. I received no reply from you, although you read my PM, so again I ASSUMED that it was leather. Unfortunately, it is not leather, but only molded to look like it.

Therefore, although the steering wheel is in good condition, I have just spent $110, on a NON-LEATHER steering wheel. Non-leather steering wheels are not worth this much IMO, and this does not sit well with me at all.

I apologize for the fact that this is a week later, but it was only today that I had a chance to do a closer inspection of the steering wheel. When it arrived last week, I just opened the box quickly and peeked inside. The box just sat in the garage until today. Again, I simply assumed it was leather.

Bottom line is, I am ASKING if I can ship this steering wheel back to you, at MY expense, and get refunded the money that I sent to you via PayPal. I will even cover the shipping cost incurred by you, to ship the steering wheel to me.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Geoff

I received no reply.

I sent him the same PM again on September 25.

Again, no reply.

I had pretty much shrugged this one off as a deal that I got swindled on. Kind of like a creditor, who charges off a bad debt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to this week, as I decide to give him another chance to respond.

I send him the same PM AGAIN on March 30, 2005. It was read by him on the same day.

AGAIN, NO REPLY WHATSOEVER, SO CONGRATULATIONS GOES OUT TO buickwe4!! HERE WE ARE IN THE FEEDBACK FORUM!!

BTW, I HAVE ALL OF THE PM'S (RECEIVED/SENT/READ BY RECIPIENT) BY buickwe4 and myself saved on my computer.

I didn't say anywhere in the ad that it was leather or make any other claims that weren't true. This was a steering wheel that I received when I purchased my car off this board. I was told it was a steering wheel off of a t-type and I sold it as such. I included several quality pics that were hosted on my site displaying the quality of the wheel. I'm sorry you made the wrong assumption.

A same day reply. Isn't that amazing!.........

Originally posted by buickwe4

I didn't say anywhere in the ad that it was leather or make any other claims that weren't true.

I never said that you did.

Besides, I'm sure that it was just an honest un INTENTIONAL MISREPRESENTATION on your part.......................... :)

However, by IGNORING my PM (dated August 16) which asked whether or not the wheel was leather, and shipping it out (on August 17), YOU ARE IMPLYING THAT IT IS!

(I HAVE THE PM'S SAVED IF ANYONE CARES TO LOOK AT IT OR TO VERIFY DATES/TIME.)

Bottom line: You KNOWINGLY shipped out a part, even though YOU KNEW that I would not be interested in it!

The ball is back in your court....

_

_

_

buickwe4 (Joel Y.)-

Thanks for not posting, or replying as usual, even though you've read my last post.

I guess the non-reply speaks for itself now, doesn't it?.........

Have a nice day! :)

I'm glad it worked out for you Harry.............

HarryK

Originally posted by HarryK
He had a few parts for sale and is a relatively new member but after buying a turbo and steering wheel from him I discovered the wheel is probably from an earlier year or different model T Type but not for an 87 GN. The wheel by the way is a definite 9 for condition. After an Email, I sent the wheel back and tonight after work, I log on and here's my $100 refund waiting on Paypal. An excellent addition to the group.

Harry K.

Only 807. Not enough views......

buickwe4 said:
I didn't say anywhere in the ad that it was leather or make any other claims that weren't true.

Isn't plausible deniability great?.......... :)

Geoff87 said:
Isn't plausible deniability great?.......... :)

There probably isn't a guy on this board, or any Buick board, who would think of giving $100 for a non leather covered steering wheel. You'd be lucky to get $30 for that wheel. The guy misrepresented the part with the out of line price and the idea of not answering your PMs just proves he's a TOAD.

Just remembered about the transaction with this douche!...

I should "sticky" this one as well...

Just remembered? :eek: This was 6 years ago. What brought this back?

It would be nice to tag these guys. Make there name a certain color or brand over it with some type stamp.