You can type here any text you want

Duttwieler Oiling on a Stock Block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

I was wondering due to my possible chassis clearance issues with the oilpan would it be possible to put a Duttwieler system on a stock 14bolt block? How much does a system generally go for and what would be required to be modiffied for it to work?

Thanks,

It should work fine. Things that wouls need to be done is . . .
* Plug the oil passages in the fron of the block (Dutt. instructions show which ones)

* Put Fitting in lower pass. side of oil pan (suction)

* Run remote oil filter system

I believe the cost is between $350 & $375 for the Dutt. Stuff.

Plus you will spend over $250 for remote oil filter housing, braided lines & Ears fittings. Trust me, it adds up quick.

BAGN said:
Trust me, it adds up quick.
Roger that, I was already planning on going dual external oil filter to feed the turbo anyway so now I would just route the pump output directly to that with the Duttwieler block and then the return line from the filters plugs into the block, the Duttwieler block or on the timing cover itself? Any oilpan with sufficient sump volume will work on this but no need for an oil pick up tube just a fitting on the pan and what for a pickup screen on the inside?

Thanks,

I have a complete used Duttweiler setup on a timing cover etc.. Make me an offer.

John Wilde said:
Just like in real life Cal is faster than me!!! :(
That may be true, but we still like you! Especially with your acess to "Duckwyler" Does Kenny have used setups or would I be getting them new from him?

Cal, PM for you.

CTX-SLPR said:
That may be true, but we still like you! Especially with your acess to "Duckwyler" Does Kenny have used setups or would I be getting them new from him?

Cal, PM for you.

This is a good question, I have gotten some really good deals on used stuff from kenny in the past. You should call Margie and find out....

Thanks for the kind words.

John Wilde said:
This is a good question, I have gotten some really good deals on used stuff from kenny in the past. You should call Margie and find out....

Thanks for the kind words.
Not a problem! I think I'm going to snag Cal stuff but I might give them a ring on Monday, unless they are open now, and find out if they will beat Cal's deal.

Back