You can type here any text you want

dvd

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The help file has more info than the DVD!

I agree... I wish they would come out with an advanced tuning dvd. I think the dvd is good for people who are new to efi and the fast system.

Tg

WHAT KIND OF THING WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE COVERED IN A TUNING VIDEO ?
sorry bout the caps.

Doug

For me it would be more real world tuning tips, for instance...

In the video or when I talked with fast(I can't remember) they said they like to see the values on the VE map at idle around 40-45. What if they aren't? Mine were 25... is that bad? If so, why? How should I correct it? Lower the injector opening time? If so how low can I go?

I noticed when some guys tune idle, they set the left most rpm scale on the ve map to 100 rpm above actual idle rpm to help it stay in a steady box. Is this acceptable or do I want a rpm box below my actual ?

I just learned at the beginning of the summer I should not be only adjusting one box on the VE map when tuning for correction, how many should I highlight and change at once?

How about some notes on individual cylinder tuning? When is it necessary? What is the best way to use this option? Monitoring EGT?

These are just some basic thoughts that I have. I always wonder how things work, it is hard to get RELIABLE information on tuning. It seems like most can talk the talk until it's time to produce... I would like to be one that understands more than the basics and can produce by helping others in my area.

Not being incriminating... just always curious.
Tg

Back